• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow has a home visit! Update

Willowsmum

Mama Doe
I've just spoken to a volunteer home checker from windwhistle warren!
(Hi Rachel if your reading :wave:)

She's coming in Sunday to do the home check, hopefully willow will have his hunbun really soon ;):love:

Last edited:
When I get rabbits again I think I'll get a bonded pair from a rescue (have only had singles from pet shops), but the home check thing makes me nervous... Do you worry what they'll think of your home?? :?

Yaaaay congratulations willow! Fingers crossed :D

Effydaydream, I've had loads of home checks and have also done a few myself and they're not nearly as scary as they seem :lol: they just want to check your accomodation and chat about bunnies :thumb: luckily for me they don't mind about messy houses or unruly dogs :oops::oops:

Thanks elmoandfern :thumb:

Effydaydream, I'm not too worried because I used to do home visits when I worked for RSPCA (for dogs and cats though not rabbits) and I never worried if peoples houses weren't up to the latest fashion or if they were a bit unorganised I was always concerned about safety of garden, if other pets were cared for/vaccinated and if the owner generally had a love and care for animals :D
However this is my first home visit :shock: So I hope it will be ok :thumb:

Good luck :love:

Home visits really aren't scary, I see it as a chance to have a cup of tea and talk bunnies for a bit! :p yes they are human and so won't be blind to any style around them but I've always found animal friendly people to be friendly and non judgemental. They don't care if its a bit messy or not a show home, they only want to know if you can provide a safe forever home.

:wave: looking forward to rabbit chat & a cup of coffee and I hope I'm not scary, we have had home checks done so know how you will be feeling.
My oh will be coming with me as we have to see my grandad first, hope that's ok?

Last edited:
:wave: looking forward to rabbit chat & a cup of coffee and I hope I'm not scary, we have had home checks done so know how you will be feeling.
My oh will be coming with me as we have to see my grandad first, hope that's ok?

Hey Rachel :wave:

That's fine:thumb: see you tomorrow ( willow has been told to be on best behaviour ;))

Oodles and oodles of luck for tomorrow xx (not that it's needed - you'll do just great! :D)

Best bunny behaviours Willow! ;) xxx

Loads of luck for tomorrow (well today seen as I am writing just after 12pm)

Hope the little miss doesn't show you up during the visit - hehe!

Eek! :thumb:

I hope it goes well too! Reality is starting to hit now that soon (if we pass) I will be leaving my boy for a week with someone else for bonding :shock: I'm gonna cry that day :( but hopefully he will come back with someone to love :thumb:

I was just gonna ask you how you were doing this morning... :shock: is it normal to feel this nervous and excited for someone... ? :lol: have you got long to wait? I was terrible, if the kids had stayed still long enough they would have been hoovered and dusted too... :lol:

Back