• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

who are you with?

who are you with?

• petplan

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • helpucover

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • pets@home

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • other

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

lucy24

Mama Doe
id like to get a good idea of how many people are with which insurers. so, please vote and comment if you have had bad or good service when claiming and if you would recommend or not- thought it might be easier for people (including myself) to look on a poll about it anyways byes:wave:

I'm with Pets @ Home - and so far from what I can see, it is the cheapest in premiums - and so far have paid out in full (less excess) for all our buns illnesses. They didn't pay out for Luna though - she hadn't been insured for 10 days when she fell sick but they did offer me a pet bereavement service when I rang to cancel her insurance which was a nice touch (but I didn't fancy balling my eyes down the phone to a stranger).

helpucover - couldn't fault them. Alfie has recently had hundreds of pounds worth of treatment - so far they've paid out £570, we've got to pay £45 excess and have just sent off claiming for the most recent medications, tearduct flushes and consultations which brings it up to nearly £700. We don't see why they should dismiss this most recent claim though, so we're confident we'll get it all back.

The only thing I'm slightly worried about is we've only got £1300 left to cover us for 9 months...he's having weekly flushes at the moment, is on 3x oral and 2x eyedrops twice daily and is costing us a lot of money so we've now just got to hope his flushes don't keep having to be weekly and the cost drops or settles to a manageable amount...

ETA: Dee, my nearly 7 year old Nethie, is with P@H as she was over 5 when we insured. We've never actually claimed for her, thankfully, so can't comment on their service.

i was too late getting bisc and matt insured. they had problems very early on then wouldn't have been covered for much.

ches and maisie (piggies) i decided not to and just save some money for the vets incase of emergency. that didn't really work for our situation so i decided any future pets would be insured straight away!

so only eddie (piggy) is insured now with exotic direct. it costs me £9.64 a month for him. :wave:

I'm with helpyoucover and I have just received £300 of a three part £1800 claim!!! Was only sent off 15 days ago. This is the first time I have had to claim on pet insurance and was really worried they wouldn't pay. I am super happy right now :D

Not insured. 2 dogs 6 rabbits 3 guinea pigs and a hamster would be sooooo much each month. I know its a risk but ...

We're with Helpucover and have just claimed for Nettle's eye which must be racking up the costs now (haven't dared add it up!). It was only a week after the policy started but it's injury rather than illness so fingers crossed. Will update if it was paid out or not.

We're with helpucover.co.uk and pay £6.05 per bunny. Last month we made a claim for £572 for hip surgery for Daisy. Claim was paid directly into the bank within 5 working days of submitting the claim which the vets did for us on our behalf.

We also got £24 cash back for each policy from Quidco.

There are cheaper options, but i went with Petplan Cover for life which has a £55 excess fee. It works out at about £10 per bunny, so for me that's £30 a month....the equivalent of some mobile phone contracts you can opt for!

I'd rather have insurance for them and go without an expensive mobile, or cut down on other things in order to pay for reassurance. I know it's "Money down the drain" if you don't claim, but I came to the conclusion that although we'd probably be able to afford to pay for one bunny illness if we weren't insured, what if they all fell ill around the same time :shock:

PAH - some people seem to have had terrible trouble with them but I've claimed several times for cats and bunnies and they've always settled without a problem.

I'm with Pet Plan for Slipper, Badger & Blueberry. Blackavar is new and unneutered so I want to get him neutered before insuring him as I think it will be cheaper. I've never had to claim on insurance (only had it about a month) but I heard good things about Pet Plan so I went with them.

I'm with petplan for my four. I have the for life cover and pay £36 a month with a £50 excess. So far not had to claim as everything has come in under my excess or just over. My vet has offered to take Brownie in when he has tummy issues but he is a very nervous bunny so i bring him home and treat him here with my vets support.

On talking to my vet he said he would deal with whoever i choose. I choose petplan as although others are cheaper petplan was recommended by friends with pets so went with it.

I am with P@H. Its coming up for renewal time so will have a look to see who is best. It really doesnt feel like a year i have had Lola.

None, it annoys me that no insurer will allow new policies to be taken out for a rabbit over 5. Did have Honey and our old rabbit JayJay insured with P@H for a while but the policy was a waste of money and the staff that dealt with the two claims we put in were totally incompetant.

Back