• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue secret Santa 2013 - & sanctuaries, Come on Santas! :)

Amy & Amber

Staff member
Is now open for rescues & sanctuaries to apply:

RESCUES: Need to private message KarenM by November 10th 2013

With: Rescue Name, address where parcels are to be sent to, telephone number, charity number if you have one, how many rabbits you have, and what items are useful to you. Rescues NEED to be on the forum.

As a rescue you must have more than 5 rabbits in your care to qualify.
You must be able to contact Amy or Karenm ASAP to let us know what parcels you have received.
Parcels can only be sent to one address (rescues with fosters please share your gifts as you want too)

Sanctuaries and Rescues are both eligible, but you must:
EITHER - Be a registered charity
OR - Have been an active member of RU for one year and have at least 5 rabbits in your care, either as a sanctuary or rehoming.

At the moment, we are just taking details of rescues who would like to receive presents on behalf of their residents. Members (santas) will be able to sign up to send a gift in due course so please keep an eye on the thread for further instructions.

Here's last years goodies thread :love:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...thread!-See-1st-post!!&highlight=Secret+Santa

We're now open for members to apply; if you would like to send a gift please PM Amy & Amber to express your interest by 29th November.

Please have a read of the following which explains how it works and feel free to ask any questions. I'll also add the info to the first post.

What is Secret Santa?
Secret Santa works by matching up rescues to individuals who wish to send an anonymous gift to a nominated rescue. You do not get to choose your rescue, but each cause is just as deserving as the next.

Why?
Secret Santa is a brilliant way to give rescue bunnies that little extra treat, rescues spend so much money on much needed vaccinations, treatment and neuters , Secret Santa feels that they deserve a Christmas treat just like the rest of us! And also it helps put a smile on the rescuers faces, seeing the bunnies enjoy the gifts.

How much is it?
There has never, and will never be price restrictions on Secret Santa. Some gifts may be larger than others but they're all appreciated just as much and it's the thought that counts. Remember, your gifts don't even have to cost you more than a few pounds, you can make "crackers" with hay and brown paper, dry your own bunny safe leaves, make bunny biscuits or even just empty your loose change pot and turn it into a voucher at your local supermarket via their coin machines. Secret Santa has no rules on price, or gifts as long as they help the rescue, because what's the point in restricting good will?

How will I know the rescue has got my present if its a secret?
You get assigned a code which must go in your present, this way the rescue can let me know they have received gift "035" for example. If you buy your presents online and send direct, please ask them to do this for you.

Last edited:
Aww... This is such a lovely idea :love: Thank you for doing this Amy!

The rescue I volunteer for only has three rabbits (though we do have four chinchillas, three ferrets, and a pregnant guinea pig) at this time so unfortunately not eligible.

Just bumping this in case any rescues haven't seen it and would like to take part.

Amy's a little busy at the moment so can you please send the info to me instead of Amy. Anybody who's already PM'd Amy, no need to worry as I have your info already. :wave:

I wonder if we qualify for this as we have 29 rabbits that mostly we get from rescues all round the country and they are usually dental buns, or have behaviour problems or have some sort of special need, we don't rehome and we have taken in rabbits that are unwanted. We fund everything ourselves and do boarding to help with the huge vet bills we have.

Hope I'm not being cheeky I just thought I would ask :oops:

Thanks for pointing me in this direction, I don't know why I am "blind" to stickies :oops: I never see them!

You're welcome. :wave:

I wonder if we qualify for this as we have 29 rabbits that mostly we get from rescues all round the country and they are usually dental buns, or have behaviour problems or have some sort of special need, we don't rehome and we have taken in rabbits that are unwanted. We fund everything ourselves and do boarding to help with the huge vet bills we have.

Hope I'm not being cheeky I just thought I would ask :oops:

We'd love to include your bunnies; I've sent you a PM. :D

Just bumping this for rescues - you have until November 10th to apply. :D:wave:

We're also now open for members to apply; if you would like to send a gift please PM Amy & Amber to express your interest by 29th November.

Please have a read of the following which explains how it works and feel free to ask any questions. I'll also add the info to the first post.

What is Secret Santa?
Secret Santa works by matching up rescues to individuals who wish to send an anonymous gift to a nominated rescue. You do not get to choose your rescue, but each cause is just as deserving as the next.

Why?
Secret Santa is a brilliant way to give rescue bunnies that little extra treat, rescues spend so much money on much needed vaccinations, treatment and neuters , Secret Santa feels that they deserve a Christmas treat just like the rest of us! And also it helps put a smile on the rescuers faces, seeing the bunnies enjoy the gifts.

How much is it?
There has never, and will never be price restrictions on Secret Santa. Some gifts may be larger than others but they're all appreciated just as much and it's the thought that counts. Remember, your gifts don't even have to cost you more than a few pounds, you can make "crackers" with hay and brown paper, dry your own bunny safe leaves, make bunny biscuits or even just empty your loose change pot and turn it into a voucher at your local supermarket via their coin machines. Secret Santa has no rules on price, or gifts as long as they help the rescue, because what's the point in restricting good will?

How will I know the rescue has got my present if its a secret?
You get assigned a code which must go in your present, this way the rescue can let me know they have received gift "035" for example. If you buy your presents online and send direct, please ask them to do this for you.

A huge thankyou to secret santa we've received parcels ru13 and ru 14
Thank you so much for including our bunnies at eastbourne rabbit rescue :) we had a lovely xmas the rsbbits andguineapigs have been thouroughly spoilt :)

Back