• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dewlap?

Fluffs

Alpha Buck
At least I think it's called that...... (double chin)

My four year old bun has recently been growing small double chin.(aww:D) I don't really know what it's for, please can someone help?

It also might help me on why she has only just grown it now in all 4 years of her life. (Although i have a good reason in my head)

Just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything to be worried about.(actually suddenly now just realised and worried it might be a lump:shock:)
Thanks x

Ps it's soo cute, it wobbles when she eats:D

I am 99% sure that she is, growing a dewlap doesn't change it does it?
x

Unspayed does generally have bigger dewlaps.

A dewlap is what female buns use to pluck fur when they make a nest for their little ones :)

Ash has a little dewlap and she was spayed young, it's not unusual.

My boy bun has a dewlap! He is definitely a boy, the vets did his neuter, but even they asked me the other day if he was definitely a boy! :lol: He has been a but 'cuddly' in the past but his weight is fine now, but his dewlap is still there... Maybe he is just in touch with his feminine side :lol:

Unspayed does generally have bigger dewlaps.

A dewlap is what female buns use to pluck fur when they make a nest for their little ones :)

Ash has a little dewlap and she was spayed young, it's not unusual.

I'm glad x
When we adopted her from someone who couldn't look after her anymore, i am pretty sure i told she was spayed.
But obviously, being a paranoid bunny mum, i am now questioning my own memories:lol:

aww, i love her so much and her teeny double chin:D:love: (Just have to say it sometimes, don't you?!):D

unspeyed does tend to have them, or those speyed later in life, or overweight rabbits

I don't really think she's overwieght, sometimes I look at her and want to give her more nuggets for winter:)))
But i guess i'm just paranoid.

Also we don't have scales so i'm not really sure what she weighs.
x

My spayed female has gown a bit of a chin. She is not over weight. I have pit it down to her getting fluffier with her winter coat.

Back