• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horrible first date :( u/d photos

Rexripley

Mama Doe
Harley and Alfie quietly sat and ate some pellets together , it was looking promising
then they started fighting :(
Lots of fur flying everywhere
I picked Harley up and put her in her cage and Alfie started going for my ankles :(

I hate bonding!!!

Last edited:
Oh god :shock:

That's awful, that's why I'm wimping out of bonding (not that I've ever done it!) willow with his new wife! I haven't got the guts! :roll:

I hope this is a one off, and they will eventually bond for you :thumb:

Oh god :shock:

That's awful, that's why I'm wimping out of bonding (not that I've ever done it!) willow with his new wife! I haven't got the guts! :roll:

I hope this is a one off, and they will eventually bond for you :thumb:

Harley and Bruce were love at first sight
So we're Alfie and pickles, then Penelope :$

Alfie's never been one for grooming another bunny and sometimes I wonder if he is happier on his own, but ill keep trying

Had to separate them with a broom lol

Harley and Bruce were love at first sight
So we're Alfie and pickles, then Penelope :$

Alfie's never been one for grooming another bunny and sometimes I wonder if he is happier on his own, but ill keep trying

Had to separate them with a broom lol

:oops: I guess it's like us sometimes we take an instant dislike to people but sometimes when we get to know them, we like them! Let's hope that's the case for your two :thumb:

I probably gave them too much room to start with but I hate seeing rabbits fight in a small cage, thought it would be easier to separate them this way

How big a space are you bonding them in? You need to seriously reduce it. I would be putting them in something that is about 3x3ft at first. Laminate/lino is the best to bond on as it can be completely steralised with vinegar.

They are much more likely to fight if they have a large space.

How big a space are you bonding them in? You need to seriously reduce it. I would be putting them in something that is about 3x3ft at first. Laminate/lino is the best to bond on as it can be completely steralised with vinegar.

They are much more likely to fight if they have a large space.

I do have a dog crate for bonding 3x3 but last time I tried Alfie with a girl he fought with it was awful trying to stop it in the small space

Iwonder about trying the bath again? I hate seeing them fight

Last edited:
Freckle and Fleur were a difficult bond and they had a 3x2.5 space to start off with.. 4x4 and they would chase and pull fur :(

What really helped was to put them both in a carry box as soon as a scuffle starts and then take a walk around the room with them for around 5 mins. This will make them a little uneasy and so they will stick together for support. I did this a few times and it really did help, might be worth a try?

I've never had an issue with actual fighting, but chasing and fur pulling is a nightmare. I would try just putting your hands in between them (with a gardening glove or something on!) and then give nose rubs to diffuse the situation. Best way to deal with things is to PREVENT it happening. This is difficult, but generally you can see the signals that a fight/scuffle is going to break out, and you step in at this point.

Personally, if I had two bun have a full blown fight, I would stop the bonding process.

When I bonded rex and toffs I used the bath with a towel on the bottom. I used a plastic chopping board to seperate them if they went for each other and lots of pellets! It took a while but it worked :)

I do have a dog crate for bonding 3x3 but last time I tried Alfie with a girl he fought with it was awful trying to stop it in the small space

Iwonder about trying the bath again? I hate seeing them fight

I would try the bath again the bonus is if they start fighting they can be slid away from each other! Plus its unsettling for them as when they try and move they tend to slide around and its a bit scary for them which means they could look to each other for comfort :D

I would try the bath again the bonus is if they start fighting they can be slid away from each other! Plus its unsettling for them as when they try and move they tend to slide around and its a bit scary for them which means they could look to each other for comfort :D

I always worry that this would cause injury to them if they tried to run away. Just be careful if you try the bath and make sure they have something to grip onto.

That first pic looks as though Harley was considering moving the dish, obviously she just decided to move Alfie instead. Try not having all the food in one place?

Back