• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgh... Why can't I just be satisfied...

Schez

Mama Doe
With the gorgeous buns that already live with us?! :?

I want Reggie to have a friend... I thought I got past all of that and would hold off for now. But last night, I found myself offering a home to the eBay bunny without thinking and just telling hubby that was just how it was gonna be if we were needed... :shock::lol: Of course, we were never needed and bunny is now staying with original owner... But it's left me feeling, if I was prepared to drop everything to take in another bunny... Maybe we could have a friend for Reggie?

This is kitchen set up
7849ad984012c7ef166a2db7b279d216_zps65775f1e.jpg

It's hard to get a clear picture, I sat on counter to take it :lol:

This is were Reggie spends most of day, his den is never closed and when the kids are in bed, Reggie is out and about. He also gets outside time at weekends when I can supervise...

I guess what I'm asking for here RU, are your thoughts about set up and if you think it would be ok to house another bun here? Or would it be too squishy and unfair to both bunnies? I'm going around in circles and it's starting to hurt my brain. :lol: It doesn't help that there's a certain bunny on here on the rehoming thread that I would love to have here... :love:

I would say a bunny would be very lucky to live with you, there is quite a bit of space when you think that poor bunnies are cooped up all day in small hutches with hardly (if any) exercise! With so many poor bunnies needing loving homes i would say go for it if you feel you can give one a better life than being sat in a rescue waiting for a hoomum and hoodad of their own with that heartbreaking "please love me" look in their eyes ;)....... I want more bunnies :(

I would say a bunny would be very lucky to live with you, there is quite a bit of space when you think that poor bunnies are cooped up all day in small hutches with hardly (if any) exercise! With so many poor bunnies needing loving homes i would say go for it if you feel you can give one a better life than being sat in a rescue waiting for a hoomum and hoodad of their own with that heartbreaking "please love me" look in their eyes ;)....... I want more bunnies :(

Thank you :D
If I was to take on another bunny, it would bring total up to 8... I have 3 pairs of bunnies outside and Reggie is in with us... *sigh* I just don't know what to do. :? Hubby not keen... But he said that about all of them and is just soppy about the bunnies as I am... :lol:

You've got a sad face after saying you want more bunnies... You can't at the mo? You never know, situations change all the time. Might be possible one day? :wave:

If you want another bunny , go on;)
the indoor cage is fine, becasue they are never locked up in it, but maybe later you might want to get a hideaway or something?
If you think about how big rooms are, it's not like there going to be squished at all...:)

Also, you're doing a good thing about getting bunny from a rescue;)

but.... this has to be your last bunny.;):lol:

If you want another bunny , go on;)
the indoor cage is fine, becasue they are never locked up in it, but maybe later you might want to get a hideaway or something?
If you think about how big rooms are, it's not like there going to be squished at all...:)

Also, you're doing a good thing about getting bunny from a rescue;)

but.... this has to be your last bunny.;):lol:

Oooooh, I was thinking about getting rid/selling on the crate and investing in something like a hideaway... But it would have to be something big enough... :shock: maybe I should look at a kennel type of set up?

The bunny who I would love to have is Paul... But, I'm sure I read that what the owner is looking for: indoor home (check) can be cuddled all the time (double check ;)) a lady bun for company (uh-oh :shock:) and no children (double uh-oh, I have two young-uns...) ...

Maybe the best plan of action would be to wait it out until after Xmas and then search rescue then? Always seem to bunnies needing homes around then... :(

When I had Pippa for Harry bunny, I kinda promised that she was the last one... But c'mon, Reggie needs a friend and the number 8 is so much better than 7... :lol:

What's that Paul "my mummy is coming to get me now".

:lol::lol:

Paul is being rehomed coz his bond has broken down with another male... I don't know if it work with Reggie being male also... It's just putting Paul in same situation? :?

Would they try and do the bond for you? It's tricky isn't it when he has your heart already but heartbreaking if it doesn't work out and he had to go back.

Would it make a big difference to the amount of time you would be able to give your existing pets/family? Probably not.

Paul is just lovely.

I do hope you are able to find Reggie a really lovely friend x

Would they try and do the bond for you? It's tricky isn't it when he has your heart already but heartbreaking if it doesn't work out and he had to go back.

I don't know... My plan (if any ;)) would be to have Paul when I had half term... It would mean I could put everything into the bond properly... I don't know why I'm so smitten with Paul... I just know I loved him from when I first saw him on the forum and the cup on his head made me giggle, :lol: so when I saw he was needing a new home.... :love: but listen to me, I going on about it like I really believe it's going to happen... :( But he's so far and the fact Reggie is male is really going against odds.

I fall in love with bunnies all the time but I get a feeling when a bunny is meant to be... Strange thing is I was like this with my RU bun Harry... Natty123 brought him all the way from Devon for me. :love:

I dunno. (See, Schez is going around in circles again... *the dizziness* ) Maybe I should wait until a female rescue bun becomes available?

I know nothing about bonding but a thread recently was saying two males get on better. Obviously I have no idea.

It's funny how you fall in love with a bunny. I didn't want a patterned bunny, I wanted a grey or black one and definitely wanted a male as had read they follow you everywhere. When I saw Doughnut my heart melted and everything went out the window.

She does following me everywhere though, always under my feet in fact. The cute thing is sometimes I go upstairs and come down and she's sitting at the bottom waiting for me!

I know nothing about bonding but a thread recently was saying two males get on better. Obviously I have no idea.

It's funny how you fall in love with a bunny. I didn't want a patterned bunny, I wanted a grey or black one and definitely wanted a male as had read they follow you everywhere. When I saw Doughnut my heart melted and everything went out the window.

She does following me everywhere though, always under my feet in fact. The cute thing is sometimes I go upstairs and come down and she's sitting at the bottom waiting for me!

Your Doughnut was definitely meant to be :love: and I get the feeling bunnies choose us... :lol:

I'm not getting anywhere... I'm off out now, got a few bits to do whilst shops still open... :roll: Maybe I can clear my head a bit...

Thank you :D
If I was to take on another bunny, it would bring total up to 8... I have 3 pairs of bunnies outside and Reggie is in with us... *sigh* I just don't know what to do. :? Hubby not keen... But he said that about all of them and is just soppy about the bunnies as I am... :lol:

You've got a sad face after saying you want more bunnies... You can't at the mo? You never know, situations change all the time. Might be possible one day? :wave:

Mine are indoor bunnies and don't have the room for anymore, although i would love a trio and to adopt a girly for my boys but then i would be scared that it wouldn't work out and the bond with my boys would break as they are very happy together its not as if they need another friend i just want another bunny! I don't think the sex of neutered bunnies matter IMO if its meant to be it will be regardless of sex after neutering :D

:wave: my 2 boys are really soppy towards each other and my 2 girls, when they were a pair they were always more loving towards each other than the girl pair was. Now they are in a quad they're still the most loving of the girls :love: there's quite a few on here with boy boy pairs too :thumb: I think their sex has little to do with how they'll get on, it's much more about personality :D its worth a try in my opinion ;)

:wave: my 2 boys are really soppy towards each other and my 2 girls, when they were a pair they were always more loving towards each other than the girl pair was. Now they are in a quad they're still the most loving of the girls :love: there's quite a few on here with boy boy pairs too :thumb: I think their sex has little to do with how they'll get on, it's much more about personality :D its worth a try in my opinion ;)

:love: this sounds promising... :D wondering if I should get in contact with Paul's owner... Hmmm... But then, distance is still an issue.... And if I can't get hubby on board then it's not fair to get in contact yet - until I know for certain I could go ahead...

Back