• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Base for Dog Kennel

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
Hey guys

Just wondered if anyone could help. I have bought this dog kennel for my pair (but the kennel is 3x4 making the run section 5x4) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321050516879?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Have spent the weekend painting it a lovely seagrass and cream colour and now I need to sort out erecting it before our horrible weather arrives.

Problem I have is I am on rented accommodation and whilst my landlord is very laid back I can't take the mick. The area where I need to put the kennel is currently covered in gravel and isn't level. I plan on laying large cheap paving slabs to put the kennel on but need to make a base. Due to living in rented I cannot use concrete/mortar etc. So I was thinking of pulling the gravel back, try best to level the ground, lay a weed membrane, could line edges of area with treated timber and fill with the gravel then lay the slabs on top. I 'could' put sand in with the gravel if that would help stability but concrete/mortar etc is a no no.

Has anyone done anything like this and seen minimal movement or effect on their building?

Thank you!

P.s. Promise pics will follow!

This is what I'm going to buy!!!! :thumb: (when we move )

Can't wait to see pics, I think it's great!

Sorry I haven't actually answered your question I just got excited when I saw you had what I'm going to buy!;)

This is what I'm going to buy!!!! :thumb: (when we move )

Can't wait to see pics, I think it's great!

Sorry I haven't actually answered your question I just got excited when I saw you had what I'm going to buy!;)

Hehe it's a lovely kennel. Looking forward to having it all put up - just want to get it right. Will deffo post pics when it's done :D

Our 10 x 6 shed is on shale with breeze blocks to support the floor timbers and some plastic strips of damp proof between timbers and breeze blocks to stop rising damp. Took a bit of faffing to get it all level but is perfectly fine now.

That kennel looks soooooooooo cosy.

Back