• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hamster cage change around.

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Apollo isn't doing to well at the moment :( he's only about 9 months old :( so I've spend about 3 hours cleaning out and transferring/adding Fitch/scrubbing everything etc, so I can move Apollo into the zoozone2 again. I need quicker/easier access to him and the ZZ can offer than whereas the Alexander makes it a lot harder, especially where he makes his bed!

Phoebe was in the ZZ so she's had to move out :( she's back in the kios, which she is actually very happy about! It's a good sized cage but I'd prefer her to be in another 100cm x 50cm cage.. I'm going to see how she is with it then maybe move her into the Alexander :)

So all in all, a stressful afternoon and an unhappy Apollo but I got it done eventually :lol:

The kios kitted out with all of Phoebe's favourite toys :)

null_zpsaa2c2774.jpg

null_zps6502af3f.jpg

null_zps2a28d869.jpg

The ZZ2 with minimal toys etc ready for Apollo tomorrow, he's still in the Alexander for tonight with a rather low level of Fitch, good job he isn't much of a digger :lol: I was going to move him tonight but he's very tired and I thought it would have been a bit much for him.

Ignore the 6.5inch SS, Phoebe never bothered with it but I can't find anywhere for it to go yet.. :lol:

null_zps7b840d7a.jpg

What a busy afternoon you've had. I hope the change helps Apollo feel better, they're such vulnerable wee creatures.

I swear my hammies just want me to spend loads of money on them :roll: :lol: Phoebe is a tonne more active now, her kios is 70cm x 45cm'ish so a noticeable difference from the 100cm x 50cm zoozone, but she's being herself again now. Whizzing around and spending hours on the wheel, climbing too which she loves :love:

Apollo is asleep, as usual :lol: but he had a bit of an exploration then a nap on his wheel :) no sneezing or strange behaviour today, maybe the change has helped a bit!

Aw hope Apollo gets back to normal, I swear u and me have the most awkward hamsters ever :lol:

I just gave Phoebe some millet and she ran at my finger and just held me.. She's been doing this a lot recently :? :lol: oh well, makes a change from having her nibble me :lol:

Apollo has made 3 beds now and is alternating after every trip to the food bowl/toilet..

I could scream :lol: I only spent £60 on the Alexander which was a bargain and it will be used for future hamsters or maybe even rats, but seriously, could have saved me some dollar :lol: I wish they could just tell me ..I was so close to buying Phoebe a new tank but my bf said we should try her in the kios again.. It worked thank god :lol:

I just gave Phoebe some millet and she ran at my finger and just held me.. She's been doing this a lot recently :? :lol: oh well, makes a change from having her nibble me :lol:

Apollo has made 3 beds now and is alternating after every trip to the food bowl/toilet..

I could scream :lol: I only spent £60 on the Alexander which was a bargain and it will be used for future hamsters or maybe even rats, but seriously, could have saved me some dollar :lol: I wish they could just tell me ..I was so close to buying Phoebe a new tank but my bf said we should try her in the kios again.. It worked thank god :lol:

I keep seeing things I want to get for Grayson but I umm and ahh for a bit then think 'he won't use it!' I am going to get him some new stuff and change his cage around a bit, hopefully it might perk him up a bit! I've been saying it for ages I know, been waiting on some money coming through which hopefully should def be within the next couple of weeks now so I can finally go on a little spending spree! :lol:

Back