• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very sad news for Grimlock and Samus

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I think they only have a couple of weeks left. :cry:

They are both so ill now. Samus has a massive abscess the size of two ping pong balls on her abdomen which has ruptured. She now has a massive gaping, weeping hole on her stomach, right near her genitalia. I know in my heart it won't heal as she had the abscess on her jaw operated on at the beginning of January and that still hasn't healed.

We're doing one last push with antibiotics, pain relief and the rest but if after two weeks it doesn't look like it's healing then I think we're going to have to call it time. :(

The vet was thinking of calling it time today, but I know it's not right just yet. She still has a lot of life left in her. I've got her a lot of treats, carrots with tops, banana and loads of hawthorn and plantain and she's been stuffing her face happily since we got back from the vets.

I know in my heart that if she goes then Grim should go too. He would have no quality of life without her. He's blind and has no balance. All he wants to do is sit by her for comfort and support. That's all his life consists of now. I know he's happy, but I also know he would be completely lost and unhappy without her. His infection is getting so bad that the strongest antibiotics at the highest does are starting not to have any effect.

I'm going to give them a couple of quality weeks with loads of fuss and treats and then make a decision. I knew it was coming but I'm still very sad. :(

Oh no. :cry: :cry: I'm so sorry. I am hoping for a miracle, but it does look bleak atm. Sending lots of nice vibes for them both.

Oh no :( how awful for you :cry:

All you can do is spoil them with lots of treats, and hope the antibiotics work :(

So sorry xx

:cry:

I'm so sorry... I just haven't got the words... But just to echo the words of others, they are so very loved and with someone who understands them and their needs.

So heart breaking :( - sending lots of love and (((vibes))) to you, Grimlock and Samus.xxx

I am so very sorry and sad to hear about Smoo and Grim and the heartbreaking decision you are faced with. I know how long you have fought their ongoing illnesses and its been wonderful they have continued so long with your love and care. I can understand why you would have to let them both go at the same time and it will be one of the hardest decisions you have to make but also unselfish concerning Smoo and Grim. Saying goodbye is that hardest thing to do.

Sending you a massive big hug. xxx

Last edited:
Back