• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

re introducing 2 male minilops back together 8wks old spent 4days apart

Alex zero

New Kit
hi

Brought home Alex (minilop 8wks old) mid week. he seems to have settled in well. We have decided to keep him as a house rabbit till weather gets better so expect 6-7 months. But have started to wonder should I have bought his brother as well. His brother is still not housed how easy would it be to re introduce them after 4day apart. could I re introduce them and keep them in same cage over night. Please Help

Alex Zero

Hi welcome to the Forum :wave: This section is generally for introducing yourself as a new member, you could try reposting this in the Behaviour and Bonding Section and hopefully get some good advice :D Generally speaking, the best pairing is male and female provided both are neutered! 2 females or 2 males are more prone to fighting (reduced if neutered!) however, there are happily bonded same sex bunnies!! The art of bunny bonding can be very tricky and scary! I dont have much experience of what could happen with bunnies of that age they have always seemed more accommodating and less territorial when that young, but I would seek advice from others with more experience. I have witnessed a complete breakdown of an adult bond with a separation of 24hrs.

Back