• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lost Jester yesterday :-( What do I do now?

Lea-Anne

Warren Veteran
I had a group of buns years ago but as I lost them I didn't replace them. As of these last few weeks I was down to my last two, Fraggle and Jester. Both are 8 years old or more. Jester passed yesterday. I now have one lone bun. She ( a lionhead) does live next to my two giants but they are separated by a partition. So she's not totally alone but these three don't really get on. I don't think I can attempt a bond. Due to her age and their size I just feel it might hold quite a bit of risk. She's a stressy bun as it is. If I am honest I don't feel I will have her long but you never know. I said that about my last lone guinea pig and he spent three years alone.
So I don't know what to do now? Hubby and I agree we would love to have another group in future. Should I keep her on her own? Bond her with the other two? Get her a friend? Or get two friends so if she does pass they won't then be widowed??
I just don't know what to do.
Bringing her in the house is not a option. She was a rescue, no handling, and has lived her whole life outside. Plus meg would kill her.
I know there's no rush for me to decide either way but your thoughts on what you would do would be greatly appreciated.
My husband says just keep her on her own.

So sorry about Jester xxx

As you know Leanne, I now have 2 singles who live next to each other quite happily (and annoy each other). If one goes out the other does and if one goes in, so does the other. Remove the divider and all hell breaks out but they are still company for each other and I put them together heavily supervised but know they can not be left for a second. I know it is not the same as seeing them snuggled together but the next best thing if you are not ready for another.

It is early days and I would see how Fraggle is in the next few days and then make a decision.

<<<Hugs>>>

So sorry about Jester xxx

As you know Leanne, I now have 2 singles who live next to each other quite happily (and annoy each other). If one goes out the other does and if one goes in, so does the other. Remove the divider and all hell breaks out but they are still company for each other and I put them together heavily supervised but know they can not be left for a second. I know it is not the same as seeing them snuggled together but the next best thing if you are not ready for another.

It is early days and I would see how Fraggle is in the next few days and then make a decision.

<<<Hugs>>>

You have done all you can. At least they have tons of space and stimulation.

Wish I was brave enough to try a bond. :shock: I might try in the future. It would be great not to have two pens to clean ...

You have done all you can. At least they have tons of space and stimulation.

Wish I was brave enough to try a bond. :shock: I might try in the future. It would be great not to have two pens to clean ...

Happy to come down and help if you need it (you and H are pretty good though ;) ) but if you need any moral support you know where I am x

So sorry you had to say goodbye to Jester. I would give yourself, and Fraggle some time, and the right thing to do may just become aparent. Some buns come into their own without a partner, but others don't fair so well, keep a close eye on Jester, and hopefully you'll know the right thing to do.
Sending you hugs x

Back