• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Washing vet bed

Karen's

Mama Doe
One of my little monkeys did a wee on the vet bed the very first time I put it in the hutch!!! I've got the washing instructions which is fine, but does anyone use washing powder etc to wash them? Just wondering if it would irritate the buns? I've washed it today in a hot wash with no washing powder just to be on the safe side, but just wondering.
Thanks

ooh I've never even thought about this - mine just get chucked in the washing machine!

I wash loads of vet bed every day because of all our disabled bunnies, we use just a bit a=of washing poweder and I have never had a problem

I always put a bit of washing liquid in with mine, I just stick it in with my other stuff.

First of all Doughnut doesn't like it but after a few hours with it she's fine again.

Thanks all. I have some non bio for my babies clothes so I'll use that next time (probably tomorrow!) if it's ok for babies, i suppose it must be ok for buns!

I use a teeny bit of washing powder, I found if it smelt to strong they pee'd on it it again little monkeys!

Yep, use washing powder, only a little but though as too much causes it to foam lots.... I've had foam pouring out if the drawer compartment etc... :lol:

Hannah :D

I must wash vet bed every single day due to having incontinent bunnies and I just wash it on 30/40 as it seems to keep it's softness and last longer on that wash.

Mine will always pee on the vet bed when it's freshly washed. I discovered that if I make it smell of the buns again before I put it back they don't feel the need to pee on it. Normally I let the vet bed dry then fold it over one of their grooming brushes for 20 minutes or so before I put it back. Obviously I do clean their brushes on a regular basis as well, but as long as it's got a bit of their scent on it, its enough to stop that pee on first sight habit.

I just clean on a normal wash with the usual amount of washing powder, all is fine with my vetbed and I must have washed it over 100 times :)

I've got one of them :D but I have so many pieces of vet bed to wash I don't bother with it instead I just clean the filter out on the washing machine
when it's full of hay :lol:

Haha, i think my parents would disown me if I broke their new washing machine! :lol:

Back