PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on 3 blood test results/ Geoff has a mass/ more :( news/ now coccidiosis!

Hugo's There
11-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Also one set of adominal x-rays.

Don't you just hate waiting for the phone to ring........:(

KarenM
11-10-2013, 02:39 PM
:(

The wait must be awful. Any news yet?

Hugo's There
11-10-2013, 02:43 PM
:(

The wait must be awful. Any news yet?

Thanks Friend :love:

yes she rang a little while ago. Geoff has a mass in his abdomen :cry: Bit gutted as he is such a gentle soul. His bloods have come back a little off what is healthy but nothing extreme. Next job is a faecal sample

Prudence's are the same as Geoff's, a bit off but for her thats normal. As the vet says she is not the healthiest of bunnies but nothing to get overly concerned about so she can carry on with a higher dose of metacam.

Spuddy's results still aren't back as they went to the lab

KarenM
11-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Oh no, poor Geoff. :(

How long will it take for Spud's results, do you know? Is he better in himself today?

Hugo's There
11-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Oh no, poor Geoff. :(

How long will it take for Spud's results, do you know? Is he better in himself today?

Yes he is much brighter thanks. I;m not overly worried tbh I think the stormy weather and drop in temps upset him and he was only wet underneath as he hadn't bothered to move but better safe than sorry.

We had the option of opening Geoff up for an exploratory but decided against it as he is fairly well in himself, is really old and very stressy. Plus the chance of removing it and curing him are low. I promised him a quiet and peaceful retirement when he arrived four years ago so thats what we will continue to give him :love:

Hugo's There
11-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Spuddy's have come back and there are issues with both his liver and kidneys :( I'm quite shocked as he is one of our "healthy" buns. It may just be related to the stasis or it may be the start of something more serious. We need to get a urine sample next week and re test him in a month or so's time to see if there are any changes :(

Amy104
11-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Sorry it wasn't better news Liz.

Hugo's There
11-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Sorry it wasn't better news Liz.

Thank you. Its been a bad bunny week

Barn Yard Bunnies
11-10-2013, 06:48 PM
:( It must get very stressful and worrying. Sorry the last blood test results were not good. I hope your 3 improve over time.

KarenM
11-10-2013, 08:07 PM
I hope Geoff has as long as possible to enjoy his retirement. :love: Hopefully Spuddy's results were just stasis-related but I'm sure it'll be an anxious wait to retest him.

susie bun
11-10-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm sorry you are having such a worrying time. :( Sending lots of vibes. xxx

MimzMum
12-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Poor buns :( I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with so much illness, Liz. ((((((((Sending hugs)))))))))))))
Vibes for all your poorly ones and healing prayers coming your way. xxxx

Zoobec
12-10-2013, 06:03 AM
Sending vibes and nose rubs to the poorly ones, and hugs to you xx

one of the family
12-10-2013, 12:09 PM
All positive vibes being sent xx

Captain Helen
12-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Sending lots of vibes for Geoff, Prudence and Spuddy xx

Hugo's There
18-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Just got Geoff's faecal results back and he has coccidosis and pin worms :cry:

The lab couldn;t say exactly what strain of coccidosis it is but it is likely to be the type rabbits normally carry and has developed in Geoff because he is immunosupressed due to the mass in his abdomen. Rather than some hideously contagious coccidiosis. But obviously we will take every precaution necessary.

Poor boy, he really is a gentle soul who asks for nothing back in life :love:

ripminnie
18-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Poor Geoff
:( sending mega vibes for him xxx

Just got Geoff's faecal results back and he has coccidosis and pin worms :cry:

The lab couldn;t say exactly what strain of coccidosis it is but it is likely to be the type rabbits normally carry and has developed in Geoff because he is immunosupressed due to the mass in his abdomen. Rather than some hideously contagious coccidiosis. But obviously we will take every precaution necessary.

Poor boy, he really is a gentle soul who asks for nothing back in life :love:

Tracy
18-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Poor little lad. :(

Sending loads of vibes for him. xx

Zoobec
18-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Poor Geoff :( sending mega vibes xx

susie bun
18-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Adding more vibes for Geoff. xx

cpayne
18-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Oh just seen this, hope Geoff recovers soon. It's amazing how you look after all these ill little bunnies. I don't think I could put myself through it, I know how heart breaking it is having one ill little bunny! xx

Hugo's There
18-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Oh just seen this, hope Geoff recovers soon. It's amazing how you look after all these ill little bunnies. I don't think I could put myself through it, I know how heart breaking it is having one ill little bunny! xx

Thank you. We do have several ill bunnies at the moment but thankfully all seem reasonably comfortable right now