• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Waiting on 3 blood test results/ Geoff has a mass/ more :( news/ now coccidiosis!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Also one set of adominal x-rays.

Don't you just hate waiting for the phone to ring........:(

Last edited:
:(

The wait must be awful. Any news yet?

Thanks Friend :love:

yes she rang a little while ago. Geoff has a mass in his abdomen :cry: Bit gutted as he is such a gentle soul. His bloods have come back a little off what is healthy but nothing extreme. Next job is a faecal sample

Prudence's are the same as Geoff's, a bit off but for her thats normal. As the vet says she is not the healthiest of bunnies but nothing to get overly concerned about so she can carry on with a higher dose of metacam.

Spuddy's results still aren't back as they went to the lab

Oh no, poor Geoff. :(

How long will it take for Spud's results, do you know? Is he better in himself today?

Oh no, poor Geoff. :(

How long will it take for Spud's results, do you know? Is he better in himself today?

Yes he is much brighter thanks. I;m not overly worried tbh I think the stormy weather and drop in temps upset him and he was only wet underneath as he hadn't bothered to move but better safe than sorry.

We had the option of opening Geoff up for an exploratory but decided against it as he is fairly well in himself, is really old and very stressy. Plus the chance of removing it and curing him are low. I promised him a quiet and peaceful retirement when he arrived four years ago so thats what we will continue to give him :love:

Spuddy's have come back and there are issues with both his liver and kidneys :( I'm quite shocked as he is one of our "healthy" buns. It may just be related to the stasis or it may be the start of something more serious. We need to get a urine sample next week and re test him in a month or so's time to see if there are any changes :(

I hope Geoff has as long as possible to enjoy his retirement. :love: Hopefully Spuddy's results were just stasis-related but I'm sure it'll be an anxious wait to retest him.

Poor buns :( I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with so much illness, Liz. ((((((((Sending hugs)))))))))))))
Vibes for all your poorly ones and healing prayers coming your way. xxxx

Just got Geoff's faecal results back and he has coccidosis and pin worms :cry:

The lab couldn;t say exactly what strain of coccidosis it is but it is likely to be the type rabbits normally carry and has developed in Geoff because he is immunosupressed due to the mass in his abdomen. Rather than some hideously contagious coccidiosis. But obviously we will take every precaution necessary.

Poor boy, he really is a gentle soul who asks for nothing back in life :love:

Poor Geoff
:( sending mega vibes for him xxx
Just got Geoff's faecal results back and he has coccidosis and pin worms :cry:

The lab couldn;t say exactly what strain of coccidosis it is but it is likely to be the type rabbits normally carry and has developed in Geoff because he is immunosupressed due to the mass in his abdomen. Rather than some hideously contagious coccidiosis. But obviously we will take every precaution necessary.

Poor boy, he really is a gentle soul who asks for nothing back in life :love:

Back