• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Games..what is this all about?

icklepxy

Alpha Buck
Meg has a new game. When it's time for breakfast she does this run around thing...I'm not even sure I can describe it.

It starts with a quick hello at the bars and a nose rub (begrudging though it may be). Then proceeds to a game where she darts as fast as she can through her tunnel to the back of the cage, until I reach my hand in and then she comes racing full pelt at my hand and the food bowl. At first I thought she was trying to attack me. But I've soon realised that there is no malice in her. If she reaches me she doesn't nip or bite, she just headbuts the food bowl, looks at me like I did it all wrong (or just wasn't fast enough, haha you lose), and darts back to the back of her cage. If I put the bowl down or leave my hand there she races back out again. If I remove the bowl before she gets to me she sits, patiently waiting for me to fill it and put it down so she can shove her face in as fast as she can.

What on earth is going on with that?!

That sounds like my two bonkers bunnies. They have a new feeding time game which goes like this.....

One full lap around the shed Moley starts Poppy follows, then they "fight" (playfully tug it away from each other, even though there's plenty) over the greens which I had put down while they are running, then as soon as I go for the food bowl it begins .... Moley comes charging at me and slides into my legs (it always reminds me of a kid skidding on their knees along the dance floor :))
Then Poppy joins in, but she charges at Moley and with a little pig grunt... literally springs over him and then they run in circles manically around me Poppy springing and grunting eventually ending up with them periscoping for the dish and me shouting "calm down" sometimes my hand gets scraped by a rogue tooth or one of them gets a little head bash from the bowl ... It's just chaos madness!!

Back