• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Overweight rabbit for sale

there is this french lop rabbit for sale and she looks over weight the owner says she is 18.8lb and has had litters
is she overweigt
11782756-385-340x255.jpg

She looks seriously overweight to me. There seems to be a lot of fat near the back end, and she either has a very large dewlap or a few rolls of fat under her chin, if she has been bred from then it's possibly a bit of both I suppose.

I'm not an expert though, I may just be seeing a slightly chunky bunny, but I would be worried about her weight, she doesn't look a comfortable size if you understand what I mean.

She looks seriously overweight to me. There seems to be a lot of fat near the back end, and she either has a very large dewlap or a few rolls of fat under her chin, if she has been bred from then it's possibly a bit of both I suppose.

I'm not an expert though, I may just be seeing a slightly chunky bunny, but I would be worried about her weight, she doesn't look a comfortable size if you understand what I mean.

i will give you the link there is more details on their but shes 10 month old

Last edited:
It's really hard to tell sometimes from pictures. Some buns look chunky in pics when they aren't.

But judging purely from that pic she looks dangerously overweight the poor thing :(

She doesn't look over weight to me. Her back end looks fine she just has a huge dewlap due to being used as a breeding doe

Spaying May reduce its size if not it can be surgically reduced.

You need to remove the link its against forum rules x

She doesn't look over weight to me. Her back end looks fine she just has a huge dewlap due to being used as a breeding doe

Spaying May reduce its size if not it can be surgically reduced.

You need to remove the link its against forum rules x

I thought the same, just her enormous dewlap making her look big.

Back