PDA

View Full Version : Overweight rabbit for sale

TheBinkyBunny
10-10-2013, 06:30 PM
there is this french lop rabbit for sale and she looks over weight the owner says she is 18.8lb and has had litters
is she overweigt
http://da1urhpfd469z.cloudfront.net/uploads/userphotos/13/1009/11782756-385-340x255.jpg

catpud
10-10-2013, 07:03 PM
She looks seriously overweight to me. There seems to be a lot of fat near the back end, and she either has a very large dewlap or a few rolls of fat under her chin, if she has been bred from then it's possibly a bit of both I suppose.

I'm not an expert though, I may just be seeing a slightly chunky bunny, but I would be worried about her weight, she doesn't look a comfortable size if you understand what I mean.

TheBinkyBunny
10-10-2013, 07:12 PM
She looks seriously overweight to me. There seems to be a lot of fat near the back end, and she either has a very large dewlap or a few rolls of fat under her chin, if she has been bred from then it's possibly a bit of both I suppose.

I'm not an expert though, I may just be seeing a slightly chunky bunny, but I would be worried about her weight, she doesn't look a comfortable size if you understand what I mean.

i will give you the link there is more details on their but shes 10 month old

Hele
10-10-2013, 07:14 PM
It's really hard to tell sometimes from pictures. Some buns look chunky in pics when they aren't.

But judging purely from that pic she looks dangerously overweight the poor thing :(

TheBinkyBunny
10-10-2013, 07:23 PM
there trying to sell her for 30 pound x i feels sorry for her

Hugo's There
10-10-2013, 07:24 PM
She doesn't look over weight to me. Her back end looks fine she just has a huge dewlap due to being used as a breeding doe

Spaying May reduce its size if not it can be surgically reduced.

You need to remove the link its against forum rules x

*lily*
10-10-2013, 07:25 PM
She doesn't look over weight to me. Her back end looks fine she just has a huge dewlap due to being used as a breeding doe

Spaying May reduce its size if not it can be surgically reduced.

You need to remove the link its against forum rules x

I thought the same, just her enormous dewlap making her look big.