• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny show jumping...?!

They had bunny show jumping at the London Pet Show back in May (I think it was May) - it was BRILLIANT :thumb::thumb::thumb:

So of course I immediatly had to get a jump for Sheldon - he really enjoys it (probably because there is food involved :lol:). The other buns just barge straight through the poles and then periscope for their treat :roll:.

They had bunny show jumping at the London Pet Show back in May (I think it was May) - it was BRILLIANT :thumb::thumb::thumb:

So of course I immediatly had to get a jump for Sheldon - he really enjoys it (probably because there is food involved :lol:). The other buns just barge straight through the poles and then periscope for their treat :roll:.

I'll definitely have to go to one! :) I'll have to bribe mine with food :') lol

I tried to get Buster to jump over my OH weight bar, he did a couple of times then got bored and just stretched his head over for the treat with his paws on the bar, but he will stand and run in a circle each way for a treat don't think he would make a show jumper though

I tried it with Thumper who was ... different! His game was to drag me round the garden if I trailed a piece of string. Human on a harness! So I set up a small 3" high jump & guess what? He made me go over it! :lol:

I enjoy watching rabbit jumping. You can't force a rabbit to do something it doesn't want to. However I think we have to consider the flooring they land on - preferably soft lawn, or some type of padded flooring, when we have a go at home.

I think it's great, it gives them a chance to do something quite mentally challenging.

I have noticed with JC that she's become much better behaved since I've been encouraging her to do the occasional hop every day or so.

I think she enjoys it now :) she's too clever/hyper for her own good :lol: so it's helped me channel some of her pent up energy

I tried it with Thumper who was ... different! His game was to drag me round the garden if I trailed a piece of string. Human on a harness! So I set up a small 3" high jump & guess what? He made me go over it! :lol:

I enjoy watching rabbit jumping. You can't force a rabbit to do something it doesn't want to. However I think we have to consider the flooring they land on - preferably soft lawn, or some type of padded flooring, when we have a go at home.

haha that's brilliant! :lol: good point yeah, I think if the jumps get any higher (Freddie keeps cheating and crawling underneath so I need to put something in the way) I'll put something softer down to cushion the floor

Have a look at the Rabbit Jumping GB page if you have a facebook account :) I helped start it all off in this country and competed/did displays for a while but I don't have anything to do with it now

It is interesting and looks like great fun, I can't get my two to even wear a harness though so I doubt they will ever be able to take part

Back