• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shocking advice!!!

moi

Mama Doe
Thumpers rescue have just taken in a rabbit that a lady rescued from the side of a road. She phoned the rspca and they said as it was after 3.30 there was nothing they could do so sudgested she release it back into the wild!!! I know they do a good job in general but what awful advice! x

Awful :cry:
Similar thing but in some ways worse..this is going back about 20 years so things must have changed
I saw a stray dog running back and forth between traffic on a road, managed to catch him, took him home and rang RSPCA..they said they couldn't help and try dog warden and/or police..rang dog warden and got recorded message..( and they never rang back), so rang police..who told me to ring RSPCA. When said i had and they said ring police, the policeman said sorry nothing to do with us best thing to let it go again :shock: i said it will cause an accident and he said it was not his responsibilty it was mine. I rang RSPCA back and they said to let it go too.
Needless to say I didn't. I drove to my local police station with dog and walked in, tied it to the desk in reception and walked out..dreadful advice though

Oh don get me started about RSPCA!

Couple years ago I found a stray dog 8 in the morning, I rang the RSPCA which states it's 24 hours! She told me the dog was straying out of hours and they couldn't help!!!! :shock:

If anyone saw my thread on the 4 ft hutches and that the woman I commented on was justifying keeping them in there said when she was inboxing me that someone rang the RSPCA on her and the inspector laughed about someone complaining about her rabbits as they were healthy looking! I would of thought that they would of least advised that its cruel to keep an animal in a tiny space even if they couldn't do anything about it :(

Thumpers rescue have just taken in a rabbit that a lady rescued from the side of a road. She phoned the rspca and they said as it was after 3.30 there was nothing they could do so sudgested she release it back into the wild!!! I know they do a good job in general but what awful advice! x

I disagree, and I know many others will!

Doesn't surprise me to be honest :(

Me neither, sadly :[

Not surprised either. :roll:

Celia had a rabbit with a broken back leg handed in earlier this week. A woman had found it under a car, it was dragging its leg behind it. She phoned the RSPCA, they said they would phone her back but never did. The woman then phoned Celia's rescue. It was an emergency, so obviously Celia didn't refuse it and is now landed with another huge bill for the rabbit's treatment, which makes me furious as the RSPCA have money pouring in right, left and centre, whereas Celia receives nothing.

Back