• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long would you keep your rabbit in a 4 ft hutch for?

Depends on the circumstances.

Possibly just one night if there was no way to get something more suitable.

Never... Unless it was used inside a larger area , eg, shed for a wee hidy hole sleeping area only...

When I found Molly she was a stray- I had nothing. A friend lent me a 4ft cage till I could get to the pet shop and get something more suitable.

I don't see a problem with that.

When I found Molly she was a stray- I had nothing. A friend lent me a 4ft cage till I could get to the pet shop and get something more suitable.

I don't see a problem with that.

You are absolutely right - I think I just gave gut reaction but when I read your first post, I thought about it again and, yes, I would do exactly the same.

Just on my facebook someone has put pics on selling rabbits for a friend, they are in 4ft hutches that look dirty, green water bottles she said they have hay but cant see any. I just put on the pics about it, being nice and put a nice link on to suitable rabbit accomidation as cant be horrible. She said they go out in a run. I wouldn't be happy with mine in those hutches, if its for a short time then fine but these are kept in there

Now shes inboxing me, you people have turned me into a bunny advocate! :D Trying to be nice about it but I think im making her think as why would she be justifying to me

both my buns have 4ft hutches, i had plans to upsize flo's in the new yr but shes only in it over night so i didnt feel it was too awful (and in fact the last 2 nights ive left her hutch open so she has free run of the rabbit room)

marley can stand and run around in his so im not too worried as hes also only in it for bed

now theyre together however the plan is to butt them up side by side and connect them into an 8ft hutch instead

both my buns have 4ft hutches, i had plans to upsize flo's in the new yr but shes only in it over night so i didnt feel it was too awful (and in fact the last 2 nights ive left her hutch open so she has free run of the rabbit room)

marley can stand and run around in his so im not too worried as hes also only in it for bed

now theyre together however the plan is to butt them up side by side and connect them into an 8ft hutch instead

An 8 foot hutch sounds excellent!

This woman has 12 small hutches stacked in 3s some look like they have 2 rabbits in them, there is nothing attached for more room, she said they get put in a run at morning, dinner and tea time "depending" on the weather and from her pics ive seen a few in a run but this woman had kids so I doubt she would have the time to do that with the number she has.

Back