• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your rabbits hold grudges?!?

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Mine do :(

After going to the vets on Thursday, Monday (they stayed all day) and Tuesday they have been not wanting any attention from me, Lilly is running away from me, hasn't been eating when I've been around (I spied on them so I saw she would eat if I wasn't there), refused to be picked up (she normally lets me) and has been refusing head rubs! Harvey has been ignoring me too but not acting terrified of me!! They've been furious, still were this morning!

Luckily I got home this evening after leaving the house at 715 and they ran to greet me and pestered me for head rubs so I think I've been forgiven!!!

But seriously, I didn't know they'd hold grudges for that long!! They're always peeved for about an hour, if that, but not for days, they were annoyed Monday evening, all day Tuesday and still this morning! I thought I was going to have to put weeks of work in with Lilly to get her to trust me again she was that bad!!

Do everyone else's hold grudges too?? I hope this is usual rabbit behaviour and not just mine being mean to me :lol:

I used to think Poppy did after a bum clean or when she was really poorly and we were syringe feeding her a lot along with medicine, but she would run off flicking her paws, then run back for fuss. I think her grudges last about 5 seconds :lol:

I used to think Poppy did after a bum clean or when she was really poorly and we were syringe feeding her a lot along with medicine, but she would run off flicking her paws, then run back for fuss. I think her grudges last about 5 seconds :lol:

:lol: that's what I'd expect from my two, they don't usually hold them long! But Lilly was so mad for so long this time!! But she's now overcompensated and been so demanding for head rubs, nudging me too hard and when I don't fuss her she turns and humps Harvey :roll:

Mine do... One word : bribery ... :lol:

Slice of carrot and fresh herbs... Reggie friends again ;)

Mine do... One word : bribery ... :lol:

Slice of carrot and fresh herbs... Reggie friends again ;)

Normally that would work, but Lilly was too afraid to take food of me, she was on major alert and eating whilst I was nearby meant I could grab her easier to take her back to the vets!! Well that's what I assume was going through her mind!! I'd leave the snack out for her though and leave the room and look through the crack in the door and once she was sure I'd gone shed then eat :shock: I've never seen such anger just for taking her to the vets!!!

Normally that would work, but Lilly was too afraid to take food of me, she was on major alert and eating whilst I was nearby meant I could grab her easier to take her back to the vets!! Well that's what I assume was going through her mind!! I'd leave the snack out for her though and leave the room and look through the crack in the door and once she was sure I'd gone shed then eat :shock: I've never seen such anger just for taking her to the vets!!!

:shock: uh oh... She really is holding a grudge if even bribery ain't working... It's gonna have to be the long game... ;)

:shock: uh oh... She really is holding a grudge if even bribery ain't working... It's gonna have to be the long game... ;)

It's ok, as of this evening I've suddenly been forgiven, by both of them! They must have had a long discussion whilst I was out and decided my punishment had gone on long enough! Harvey just licked biscuit crumbs off my lips as I was eating so he's definitely forgiven me! I was like "awwwwh" then remembered he eats his own poo using that tongue! Eww!

:shock:

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh them bunnies got you wrapped round their ickle paws... Hang on... I think we are all wrapped around our bunnies paws... :shock: who's in charge here?! :lol::lol:

:shock:

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh them bunnies got you wrapped round their ickle paws... Hang on... I think we are all wrapped around our bunnies paws... :shock: who's in charge here?! :lol::lol:

I'm pretty sure that one day rabbits will rule the world :lol:

yep! they're fantastic at holding grudges :lol: they were still sulking when BarnYardBunnies came to visit last year as they had spent a week in the vets

Bella doesn't really, she sulks for a couple of minutes and then forgets about it :lol: Boris however used to hold proper grudges, oh my goodness...vet trips were the worst. He'd sit in the cage for the rest of the day refusing to even look at me :shock:

yep! they're fantastic at holding grudges :lol: they were still sulking when BarnYardBunnies came to visit last year as they had spent a week in the vets

Bella doesn't really, she sulks for a couple of minutes and then forgets about it :lol: Boris however used to hold proper grudges, oh my goodness...vet trips were the worst. He'd sit in the cage for the rest of the day refusing to even look at me :shock:

Grudges must be a bunny trait then :lol: with some able to hold on to their anger for unecessary lengths of time :p

I'm lucky Harvey's forgiving of being given meds (despite him hating it) because I have over a week left :shock:

Back