• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RESCUES on RU: Have I adopted from you in the past? would you like an update?

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
after reading THIS http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...Return-of-Remaining-Rabbit-From-a-Bonded-Pair thread . .

I thought maybe any rescues I have adopted from in the past would like to know how your buns are and who they are currently living with (in terms of bunny groups that is . . . ) and also what plans I have in place in case anything happens to myself and OH.

Many are mine are from Rabbit Residence, Blue Cross and Wood Green but there are others from BARC and I think some other rescues on here. Some direct person to person as well. . ..

was it you who rehomed Garfunkel from the blue cross? I loved him and was very tempted for a while! Sadly it was before I was able to take on bunnies

Garfunkel does not ring a bell for me - except I have a friend called Bettina who I recall bringing in to the Blue Cross in cambridge and her adopting a bun from there - I am wondering if that was Garfunkel? Would you like me to check?

From Blue Cross Cambridge we havehad (in chronological order I think):

Sweet Pea - our first rabbit small nethie X Dutch who lived to be 10 years and died peacefully. He was Sweep when he was at Blue Cross

Florence - beloved tripod bun who we adored and so did Teasal her companion (from Wood Green). She was a totally amazing rabbit. She lived to about 7 or 8 I think - sadly developing splayed front legs and was peacefully pts at home when it got too much for her. We kept her original name

Damson and Quince (they did not have names when they were with you -two agoutis brother and sister - ) Quince passed away when she was about 7 or so of EC/pneumonia - and Damson lived an amazing life managing to outlive EC, myxi, and even an operation to remove a kidney aged 9 - dying with his beloved Willow by his side roughly on his 10th birthday

Snowdrop as you may know came to us very young after being found in a park and heartbreakingly died just a month later being neutered - the vet thought there was something congenital - we were devastated.

Very very sadly we dont seem to have any Blue Cross buns with us at present -

But it was good to be able to tell you that they all lived happy and long lives with us apart very sadly from snowdrop.

Last edited:
aww sounds like they all had lovely lives :love: poor snowdrop. so sad we can't have them at the center anymore, silly head office decisions. I know there wasn't room for many at a time but there are so many in this area in need it's such a shame we can't help.

Back