• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

random thought about giant rabbits

Rexripley

Mama Doe
How do you take them to the vet? Do you get carriers that big? If not wouldnt dogs/cats try and attack them?

I've got a dog crate for mine. But with both buns now about 5.5 kilos, and the dog crate being metal, it's very heavy. A Ferplast Atlas 50 carrier was recommended on here but they're rather pricey. I'm waiting for one to come up near me for ebay collection.

I have a large cat carrier. I put a towel over it and I always stand it on a chair in the waiting room so he can't see out. The giant softie hates the car and gets so stressed. I've given a few dogs a friendly shove to fend them off in the past. I have a handbag full of chicory and carrot too....

I've got a dog crate for mine. But with both buns now about 5.5 kilos, and the dog crate being metal, it's very heavy. A Ferplast Atlas 50 carrier was recommended on here but they're rather pricey. I'm waiting for one to come up near me for ebay collection.

Hector ALWAYS wees in the car so a plastic, deep base is a good plan:thumb:

Large dog crate and blanket over the top... Must be ok, Reggie gets in by himself every time... :shock: I think he likes the adventure... :lol:

How do you take them to the vet? Do you get carriers that big? If not wouldnt dogs/cats try and attack them?

I've got a carrier big enough for Buster that he is in in the car, but when we get to the vets I carry him because he is like a dog and loves being carried about. Fortunately my bunny vet runs a rabbit clinic so no dogs to worry about :thumb:

Harveys first trip was in a normal cat carrier as when we got him they hadnt told us what breed he was so didnt realise just how big he is so we sort of concertinad him in:oops: we now have a large carrier but the receptionist fold me about a lady who used to just carry hers in and she had him on lead and harness

Back