• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why cant I lose weight that easily!

moi

Mama Doe
Bunny was a short and fat bun when he came to us, with a good diet hes now a lovely size! I need someone to take care of my food for me!!! :D

You're not alone. My tablets have made me put in two stone since I went on the in the spring and I'm now twice the size I was. Just had to admit defeat and go buy some larger clothes the other day after suffering with embarrassing red marks when I took them off at night from them digging in. Although its nice not being tortured by my clothes any more, I was so embarrassed at the size I had to buy :oops: I'm not at all ready to come off my medication, but I'm going to go back to my dr and ask to come off them ASAP so I can start on a diet.

You're not alone. My tablets have made me put in two stone since I went on the in the spring and I'm now twice the size I was. Just had to admit defeat and go buy some larger clothes the other day after suffering with embarrassing red marks when I took them off at night from them digging in. Although its nice not being tortured by my clothes any more, I was so embarrassed at the size I had to buy :oops: I'm not at all ready to come off my medication, but I'm going to go back to my dr and ask to come off them ASAP so I can start on a diet.

I feel your pain - I've put a stone since last year when I went on some new meds - and had to bite the bullet, and get a new wardrobe a couple of weeks ago. I refuse to give up my 'skinny' clothes though - you never know - one day;) I can't come off my meds though - well, I could but it would be a freally stupid thing to do so just have to try and continue to eat well, and exercise well and just hope that one day, I will stop wobbling:D

What meds if you dont mind me asking?

I have n excuse, I just eat like a pig :shock:

Citalopram 20mg. I was on 40mg when I was 18 and I piled the weight on then too :evil:, but I forgot about that when I went back on them earlier this year. Might ask dr to put me on some others that do the trick without the weight gain.

Back