• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed for Ash

ashbunny

Alpha Buck
Ash has gone off her food again. I could deal with that but she's not right in herself either, quite depressed. Hopefully its not her liver wreaking havoc :cry:

Vets in an hour. Vibes would be nice.

Thanks all, got some metacam and metaclop to use and I still have zantac at home which the vet said I can use if i need to.

She hasn't stopped eating totally, but her appetite isn't what it should be so syringe feeding too. Having to seperate her and Bailey for now but they can still see each other.

I have a feeling that her teeth roots are giving her grief... She hasn't been on any medication recently cos vets said metacam (and metanidrazole) used long term can affect the liver (which is probably why she has liver probs anyway) but I almost feel like she needs to be on metacam at least :(

Thanks all, got some metacam and metaclop to use and I still have zantac at home which the vet said I can use if i need to.

She hasn't stopped eating totally, but her appetite isn't what it should be so syringe feeding too. Having to seperate her and Bailey for now but they can still see each other.

I have a feeling that her teeth roots are giving her grief... She hasn't been on any medication recently cos vets said metacam (and metanidrazole) used long term can affect the liver (which is probably why she has liver probs anyway) but I almost feel like she needs to be on metacam at least :(

What Liver problem does she have ?

Not sure if it has a name, the bloods just indicated damage (she did tell me what the readings were but I've already forgotten so i must write them down when I go in next. :roll:). We chose not to have her scanned because apparently the treatment for it won't change.

To be honest whilst she obviously does have a liver problem I feel that the main issue is still her teeth, I think the reason she stopped eating last time was because her previous vet missed a spur during a dental and it took her a long time to bounce back from the stasis as has always been the case with her. But that's just my non educated opinion.

Thank you :)

She has eaten some pellets and produced a nice clump of poo :)

If her low appetite is going to continue I'm going to have a serious think about how I can keep her and Bailey together, because obviously he will just eat all the food that's meant to be for her. Worried that the reason she has slowed down again is because my husband went back to work/uni last week, I work full time as well so we're not around all day to feed her as and when, she is left for 9-10 hours during the day and obviously when we're asleep too :( (not a hay eater). Hmmm

Sending nomming vibes for dear Ash bunny (((((((((((((((((((vibes))))))))))))))
I hope she is feeling alright this evening. xxxx

Thank you :)

She seemed a bit hungrier this morning and shoved my hand out the way when I gave her some pellets. :thumb:

I think we will need to look into giving her metacam/metaclop long term. We are still syringe feeding atm, but ideally I want to get her off that. Just need to get into a routine that works for her. It was OK before we got Bailey because we could leave food out for her all day... At least she isn't lonely anymore.

:wave:

Was just thinking of Ash... :love::wave:

Some good signs RE.nomming... Sending top-up (((((vibes)))) xx

thank you both. :)

She is pretty much back to her normal self now, although I have not discontinued the metaclop/metacam at all.

However she's had a bit of a mucky bum today so I'm wondering whether or not this is a side effect of metaclop and i should now reduce gradually??

Never tried fibreplex for her either (not heard of it until recently) and perhaps this would be something a bit better to try her on long term particularly as she is a non hay eater.

Back to work tomorrow :( In an ideal world I would like to only leave her for 4-5 hours at a time. :(

thank you both. :)

She is pretty much back to her normal self now, although I have not discontinued the metaclop/metacam at all.

However she's had a bit of a mucky bum today so I'm wondering whether or not this is a side effect of metaclop and i should now reduce gradually??

Never tried fibreplex for her either (not heard of it until recently) and perhaps this would be something a bit better to try her on long term particularly as she is a non hay eater.

Back to work tomorrow :( In an ideal world I would like to only leave her for 4-5 hours at a time. :(

Aww bless her... :love:

I don't have any advice re.bunny meds and their effects... (useless :oops:) Hoping that someone with more knowledge can come and advise... Maybe ring vet? They might be able to advise over the phone on effects and how to reduce the meds effectively?

You must be worried about going into work and leaving her tomorrow... I'm sure she will be fine - can you ask anyone nearby who can pop in and check on her for you? Might put your mind at rest?

*nose rubs* to Ash bunny xxx

Back