• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Visiting universities

Julialarubia

Warren Scout
I just have to share this with you. I visited the Royal Holloway University of London with my daughter last Saturday. We both fell in love with the place and hope that she gets a place there next summer. At the end of the talk and a tour, I wanted to nip in and see the beautiful Chapel. I really do recommend you visit this wonderful university, and particularly the Chapel. As we were admiring the Chapel, I looked up and saw that a white rabbit (or hare) was part of the art work above the altar. Is this a sign, I said?? We could not believe it. If anyone knows anything about the history and significance of this, please let me know. So far, I have not been able to find an answer to this!:D Those rabbits get everywhere.....:lol:

I think it is definitely a good sign !! I dont know anything about the history of the art work, but I am intrigued now. What will your Daughter be studying ?

I just have to share this with you. I visited the Royal Holloway University of London with my daughter last Saturday. We both fell in love with the place and hope that she gets a place there next summer. At the end of the talk and a tour, I wanted to nip in and see the beautiful Chapel. I really do recommend you visit this wonderful university, and particularly the Chapel. As we were admiring the Chapel, I looked up and saw that a white rabbit (or hare) was part of the art work above the altar. Is this a sign, I said?? We could not believe it. If anyone knows anything about the history and significance of this, please let me know. So far, I have not been able to find an answer to this!:D Those rabbits get everywhere.....:lol:

I don't know about the rabbit, but I did my degree at Royal Holloway. It was around 10 years ago :)oops: I feel old!), but it was a really lovely uni and I enjoyed it a lot. I was lucky enough to have a turret room in the Founders Building, so that was really special. It is a really beautiful building.

founders.gif

Did you go into the picture gallery? There always used to be a painting in there which was supposedly 'cursed'! It was quite a distressing painting of polar bears and blood I seem to remember. We had our exams in the picture gallery, and they used to cover the painting with a huge union jack flag because it used to freak people out during their exams!

ETA here is the story about the painting: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...805/Top-ten-haunted-universities.html?image=8

Last edited:
2 of my best friends go to RHUL and it's lovely, I've visited them a few times there :D

I'm still biased I love my uni more though ;)

Thank you for your replies, and all the info. It's really interesting. We loved the place so much and it has really motivated my daughter. She hopes to read French. It was good to read about Founders for accommodation. We had a lovely tour of the place. That's spooky about the picture. I will read more about the place now. Well, if there's a rabbit in the chapel, must be a good sign.... both of our bunnies have white in their coat!:D

Back