• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't know what to do? :(

Steph_fuzzy239

Warren Scout
Not sure I'm posting in the right place but here goes.......

Over the last year I've gone from 3 single rabbits, to 4 single (I took on my coco from my bf's school as she was an unhappy bun with not much space) to now having Freddie and Rosie as a neutered pair and woody and coco as single buns. Woody is neutered but coco isn't. My plan was to get her spayed at the beginning of half term so she can be looked after while the bf is off for a week and fingers crossed she'll be ready and also willing to bond with woody at christmas time. Plans made. However my mum called at the weekend and told me that someone she knows wants their rabbit to go to a good home as they have just had a baby and feel they won't be able to dedicate enough time to her anymore. The only info I have currently is that she's a girl, grey and white approx 6 years old, good temperament and has a 'hutch'. Do I risk giving this little darl a good home and possibly attempt a trio of 3 single buns? Or do I say no then spending all my time wondering where she'll end up!? I'd be very interested to know how big this hutch is and if she's getting the right kind of care. Ahhhhh I don't know what to do :( any advice? Xx

Depends if you can afford 5 rabbits, give them the time and space, and also what you would do if none of them bonded? You could take her on and if the trio didn't work, you could try to rehome her. In this current climate, I would expect you to have to hang on to her for a while. It's entirely up to you what you do.

My accommodation would be all over the place till if and when they bond but surely in the long run it would be worth it?

Hmmm worst case scenario is that I end up with 3 singles, another possibility is that i would end up with a pair and a single? I'm pretty confident that woody and coco will be ok at least as they have met through bars and have shown no sign of aggression just very curious in each other :)

I hate offering advice on these sorts of things because I just want to say, take her take her! But (sensible head on) you have to be sure you can afford 5 buns like veganbunny says, and that you have a plan B if the trio doesn't work out.
But like you I would worry about what would happen to the bun if you said no. Needless to say she must be living on her own. But that's not to make you feel guilty.
.... I sometimes think fate sends bunnies your way, I have found 3 bunnies or rather they found me, 2 of them I found their owners and got them safely home, the third I couldn't find her owners so I kept her, it wasn't in my plan, but fate brought her to me.
Tough decision :?

I have a bonded group of 6 living hapoily together butbi also have a house bun who was mistreated and hates all other bunnies so you never can tell

I'd have to take a serious look into my budgets etc as the most buns I've had is 4 at one time. Deff thinking with head at the mo but of course with some heart, hopefully if I can't they will take her to a rescue rather then to someone who doesn't know much about rabbits. Thanks for all the advice so far guys, I'll just have to keep thinking. Might look into some of the trio threads as well to cove all options.

Tbh, worse case scenario would be having 3 singles and having to find them all friends! :lol:

I do believe in fate too. My third bun was found as a stray on the field near me...I looked at her and just knew she had to stay. :love:

Tbh, worse case scenario would be having 3 singles and having to find them all friends! :lol:

I do believe in fate too. My third bun was found as a stray on the field near me...I looked at her and just knew she had to stay. :love:

Haha yes!!! Rabbits everywhere! :lol:

I guess only you can tell if you have reached your limit. I know that six rabbits and 3 guinea pigs is enough for me. Even if a really gorgeous rabbit came my way I would have to be considerate to my self and to all the animals in my car atm.

Good luck deciding. It is hard when faced with a rabbit needing care.

just to let you know i've decided not to take on this rabbit. i think with my currrent nodular myxi situation its obvs in the area and i can't put a newly vacced rabbit at risk as she's never had them before and it wouldn't give her much of a chance. plus with all the recent vet cost i can't really afford it at the min and again that would be fair, i've got to consider my 4 that i already have. so going with sensible steph head over heart but i've passed on some advice and hopefully she'll go to a nice new loving home :)

Tough decision, but sounds like you have done the right thing and thought it all through. Hopefully the bun will find a nice home x

just to let you know i've decided not to take on this rabbit. i think with my currrent nodular myxi situation its obvs in the area and i can't put a newly vacced rabbit at risk as she's never had them before and it wouldn't give her much of a chance. plus with all the recent vet cost i can't really afford it at the min and again that would be fair, i've got to consider my 4 that i already have. so going with sensible steph head over heart but i've passed on some advice and hopefully she'll go to a nice new loving home :)

I think you have done completely the right thing. It's hard but the truth of the matter is, there is always going to be another rabbit needing a home. We can't take them all, and if we did we would be compromising the lives and happiness of the others already in our care. Well done with your head over heart decision, I know it's not easy.

Ps. Could you perhaps pass on details of local rescues? Even if they are full they will operate waiting lists.

I think you have done completely the right thing. It's hard but the truth of the matter is, there is always going to be another rabbit needing a home. We can't take them all, and if we did we would be compromising the lives and happiness of the others already in our care. Well done with your head over heart decision, I know it's not easy.

Ps. Could you perhaps pass on details of local rescues? Even if they are full they will operate waiting lists.

Hi thank you. It wasn't easy letting them know that I couldn't take her :( but i've passed on some info and suggested a rescue if they can't find a loving home. They seem like nice people coz they knew they couldn't give her the time anymore so wanted her to be happy, not just left to her own devices etc.

Back