• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor bunny cuddles

Schez

Mama Doe
My outdoor bunnies aren't cuddle buns... but I sit with them a lot, talk to them and sing to them :oops::lol: ... Sometimes, if I'm reeeeeally lucky, there are three bunnies in particular that love nose rubs through the bars. :love: Honey, Stanleigh and Harry. (Hmm... that's the dominant bun out of each pair...)

Last night, I went out to see them... no real reason... But Harry was lying aginst the bars of the run, and so I offered nose rubs which he gladly accepted... and then, if that's not squeeeee enough for me, he lets me pick him up for cuddles! :love: He snuggled right in and gave my hand a lick! :lol: It was a precious, bunny moment. :love:

I often feel guilty about my outdoor buns :oops: but yesterday with Harry... Well... I must be doing something right! :love::love::love: :lol:

Ah that's lovely. I always have floor snuggles and kisses with Doughnut, I don't pick her up.

Ah that's lovely. I always have floor snuggles and kisses with Doughnut, I don't pick her up.

I don't tend to pick any of my bunnies up... Only for "inspection" (nails and bum etc) :lol: And its usually done whilst knealt on he floor so the bunnies aren't "up" too high... It's hard to get down on gravely floor and have snuggles with the outdoor buns whilst in their run... :shock::lol: With Harry last night it was a chance "I wonder if..." and for some reason, Harry was in a cuddly mood... :love::love: I was a lucky hoomin! :thumb:

Ahh that's lovely, I would love a cuddle bun, but mine are all 'well you can give me a little rub if you bring me noms but don't even think about picking me up!!!' I have to make do with a nose nudge to say hello. Still makes me happy though, but a fully on cuddle, you are a very privileged hooman :lol:

Well tell him to come and show Doughnut. I've picked her up a couple of times over the last 4 days to check her bum and give it a bit of a clean. It's not bad and I hold her sort of upright as don't want to trance her with her bum on my lap. She hates it, I get a flick of the legs after, even though it's quick and then I can't stroke her for about half an hour as she thinks I'm going to pick her up again.

She gives me kisses though. If I just put her on my lap she would jump off, she only jumps on when I have a treat and sometimes she's cheeky and gets the treat and runs off!

Ahh that's lovely, I would love a cuddle bun, but mine are all 'well you can give me a little rub if you bring me noms but don't even think about picking me up!!!' I have to make do with a nose nudge to say hello. Still makes me happy though, but a fully on cuddle, you are a very privileged hooman :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: ... If you bring me noms... :lol:

They are funny little bundles of fluff. :love: Reggie is a snuggly cuddle bun, but it really is on his terms, and woe betide any hooman who try to pick the prince up... It is absolutely not done! :shock::lol:

Well tell him to come and show Doughnut. I've picked her up a couple of times over the last 4 days to check her bum and give it a bit of a clean. It's not bad and I hold her sort of upright as don't want to trance her with her bum on my lap. She hates it, I get a flick of the legs after, even though it's quick and then I can't stroke her for about half an hour as she thinks I'm going to pick her up again.

She gives me kisses though. If I just put her on my lap she would jump off, she only jumps on when I have a treat and sometimes she's cheeky and gets the treat and runs off!

Awww... I loves Doughnut. :love::love::love: She knows what she likes though... And she certainly knows what she doesn't! :lol: My Smudge is like that, she thumps at me when I "release" her after inspection, turns her back and turns just her head to give me the most disgusted look she can manage. She really does get a grump on! But her grumpy face sends me into giggles... It does not go down well... :shock::lol: At least you get kisses! It's rare to get a bunny kiss over here! :wave:

awww thank goodness we r all easily pleased by our buns hey?! :lol:

Flo has got really cuddly and wanting fuss recently, even sat on my lap for a fuss the other day although picking her up is still a bit of a mission, she will tolerate it but only if I cover her eyes with one hand!!

Marley doesn't quite trust me yet...but then I did just have his bunny dangles removed so that's fair....but he'll sit still for fuss and take food from me. hes fine being picked up but does have a "omg omg omg" expression on his face lol

awww thank goodness we r all easily pleased by our buns hey?! :lol:

Flo has got really cuddly and wanting fuss recently, even sat on my lap for a fuss the other day although picking her up is still a bit of a mission, she will tolerate it but only if I cover her eyes with one hand!!

Marley doesn't quite trust me yet...but then I did just have his bunny dangles removed so that's fair....but he'll sit still for fuss and take food from me. hes fine being picked up but does have a "omg omg omg" expression on his face lol

:love::love::love:

Ah, the little steps we make are the most rewarding. :thumb:
I thought Reggie would never speak to me again after his erm, visit to the vets... Turned his back on me and everything... :shock: He loves me again... But only just and I'm not to think he doesn't realise that that bit of carrot was a bribe. He knew. He just wanted carrot at the time and it's definietly not the reason why he's talking to me now... ;):lol:

My Badger and Blueberry are proper snuggle buns :love::love::love: and I get bunny kisses from them sometimes :love::love::love: I can pick them both up and cuddle them close and kiss them and just generally adore and worship them :love::love::love: Blackavar tries to run away from cuddles, but he's so small, I've worked out how to pick him up without a problem and then he doesn't object to being kissed and cuddled :love: Slipper is proper little madam. She is happy to be picked up as long as you are taking her somewhere, like the garden for a run, but if you are just going to cuddle her, she bites :evil: She will accept strokes in her cage - it's the only way I can get the food bowl away from her, filled up and back in without losing a finger!

My Badger and Blueberry are proper snuggle buns :love::love::love: and I get bunny kisses from them sometimes :love::love::love: I can pick them both up and cuddle them close and kiss them and just generally adore and worship them :love::love::love: Blackavar tries to run away from cuddles, but he's so small, I've worked out how to pick him up without a problem and then he doesn't object to being kissed and cuddled :love: Slipper is proper little madam. She is happy to be picked up as long as you are taking her somewhere, like the garden for a run, but if you are just going to cuddle her, she bites :evil: She will accept strokes in her cage - it's the only way I can get the food bowl away from her, filled up and back in without losing a finger!

:love::love::love: Bunny cuddles and kisses.. You are a more worthy hooman than I... :lol:

Hmm, Slipper sounds like my Stanleigh Rose... Strictly no cuddles else yous getting nips and puts back in yours place hooman..... But if you brings dandelions and other forage, then nose rubs may be permitted if one sees fit... :shock:
*Imagines Sarah1989 reaching in for Slippers food bowl,... Nice Slipper, that's right, stroke for you and... whips bowl away.. Counts fingers... Hmm-hmm... All there... :lol:*
Sorry, I do sometimes share my tangents.. :oops: And they are sooooo much funnier in my head... :oops::lol:

Awww... I loves Doughnut. :love::love::love: She knows what she likes though... And she certainly knows what she doesn't! :lol: My Smudge is like that, she thumps at me when I "release" her after inspection, turns her back and turns just her head to give me the most disgusted look she can manage. She really does get a grump on! But her grumpy face sends me into giggles... It does not go down well... :shock::lol: At least you get kisses! It's rare to get a bunny kiss over here! :wave:

Oh I get a few kisses when I ask for them. I just say kiss and she lifts her head up, she then she puts her head down and it's my turn. I would be there for ages if she had her way. I have to give her kisses all up her nose and on top of her head then back down again. Her chin goes to the ground and she shuts her eyes then makes her happy chatter sound.

I get back ache though or my knees hurt on the wooden floor, so she gets a good few minutes and I get a few seconds.

I sneak the odd kiss onto Flo but its only the last few weeks that shes really mellowed and ive been brave enough to put my face within biting distance of hers!!

:love::love::love: Bunny cuddles and kisses.. You are a more worthy hooman than I... :lol:

Hmm, Slipper sounds like my Stanleigh Rose... Strictly no cuddles else yous getting nips and puts back in yours place hooman..... But if you brings dandelions and other forage, then nose rubs may be permitted if one sees fit... :shock:
*Imagines Sarah1989 reaching in for Slippers food bowl,... Nice Slipper, that's right, stroke for you and... whips bowl away.. Counts fingers... Hmm-hmm... All there... :lol:*
Sorry, I do sometimes share my tangents.. :oops: And they are sooooo much funnier in my head... :oops::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That's pretty close to what happens actually, I nearly wet myself reading this, my OH wondering what was happening so I showed him the thread, but he didn't appreciate it :roll:

Speaking of which, I need to put my laptop down and go to bed and bunnies need their dinners or no more cuddles and kisses for me :roll:

Oh I get a few kisses when I ask for them. I just say kiss and she lifts her head up, she then she puts her head down and it's my turn. I would be there for ages if she had her way. I have to give her kisses all up her nose and on top of her head then back down again. Her chin goes to the ground and she shuts her eyes then makes her happy chatter sound.

I get back ache though or my knees hurt on the wooden floor, so she gets a good few minutes and I get a few seconds.

Right, that's it. Kisses on demand from the delightful Doughnut :love: I'm definitely coming down to [SUP]bunny-nap[/SUP] I mean, see Doughnut in person :lol::love:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That's pretty close to what happens actually, I nearly wet myself reading this, my OH wondering what was happening so I showed him the thread, but he didn't appreciate it :roll:

Speaking of which, I need to put my laptop down and go to bed and bunnies need their dinners or no more cuddles and kisses for me :roll:

:lol: Sorry Sarah's OH... :wave:

I'm in a weird giggly mood tonight, think the last few days have taken their toll and it's bedtime for me too...
Nighty night Sarah :wave: Noserubs to the buns! :love:

:lol: Sorry Sarah's OH... :wave:

I'm in a weird giggly mood tonight, think the last few days have taken their toll and it's bedtime for me too...
Nighty night Sarah :wave: Noserubs to the buns! :love:

Nah, don't mind him :lol: he's not a bunny person so doesn't understand and he and Slipper really dislike each other.

Night night - I will get off the forum, I will, I will :lol:

Back