• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

those with sheds- how do you store food, hay, cleaning stuff etc?

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
atm we have it all in a plastic tub but it's taking up space that the duo could use to play in. so... any pics to inspire me? :wave:

We have a big heavy Really Useful storage box, which they can jump and lie on. We also have a haybale on the loft storey as we haven't worked out a way to get them up there yet anyway. There's a window box outside the shed I store the dustpan and brush in. Anything else could be hung on hooks high on the wall - that was our plan, along with a high shelf, but we haven't needed to do it yet. We have a hay bale in a new wheelie bin too, inside a duvet cover.

Last edited:
Could you maybe put in some high level shelves?

This is what we did, we have a high level shelf along one side with a barrier up so hay etc all slots in behind it. You can see it here

WP_000267.jpg

I have one of the really useful storage boxes with their bags of pellets, dried herbs, etc in - that gets used every few weeks to refil the smaller boxes. It uses their floorspace but they like to sit on top of it.

I also have a set of shelves with the smaller boxes of herbs, pellets and readigrass for every day use. They also contain blankets, spare floor mats, dustpan and brush, hutch scraper and other miscellaneous stuff. (in the pic there's stuff at the bottom but now I leave it empty for them)
shelves.jpg

And I have the big shelf that their hay lives on
hayshelf.jpg

i keep their hay and straw in the garage (as i buy in bulk) then i put the hay into a wheelie bin i don't use along with a tub of their food (the big bag is in the garage as well) then once a week i stock up the hay and food so i only need to go into the garage once a week instead of every day.
I store their treats,brushes and other stuff in my room next to my hamster stuff,but this isn't helpful seeing as the bunnies are downstairs and i have to go upstairs then back downstairs just for a brush or clippers.
Only bella is in the shed (binky has a hutch) and i used to store the supplies in there,until i came downstairs one morning to find a very happy bunny who had broken into a packet of the burgess excel herbage after she'd cleverly moved a toy to get onto the shelf! :lol:

I store bits under the guinea hutch and I also have a high shelf. But I'm lucky to have a really big outbuilding for my buns.

DSC_0715 by Niseag, on Flickr

And if you can see the shelf at the top, that is filled with bits too.

I have a shelf in the shed where I keep a big bag of hay (from a bale), 3 baskets with cleaning supplies and toys etc, and a tub of readigrass. On the windows I have s hooks to hang the front of their carrier, and some buckets/bags for pellets, treats and the runaround door blockers.

You can kinda see the shelf here:

Then in the garage I have 3 big boxes for other stuff - snugglesafes, medicines, general stuff. I also have a bale of hay in a single duvet, and a 15kg bag of readigrass... both of these I take bits from when I need (often! it's very annoying).

I then have a couple of outdoor bins (they were new) with megazorb and other bits and bobs in.

It's far from ideal, it's just dictated by living back at my parents. I'd definitely have a much better storage system if I lived alone!

we have a high up shelf with a barrier that runs along the back of the shed (barrier was a later addition after I found one of my cheeky buns helping themselves as if it was a buffet, obviously the fresh pile of hay I'd given them was inferior)

When I had their old hutch in the shed I use to put everything on top of that but now I've replaced that with Ikea corner tables I have nowhere in the shed.

I keep mine in a box in the Conservatory :thumb:

Back