• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedtime routines

Jem n Flo

Warren Scout
Flo lives in the conservatory and has her hutch in there. At bedtime I give her a few pellets and put her in her hutch for bed but this last week shes given me that "Im not falling for that" look and not wanted to go away.

Do other indoor bunny people shut their buns away at night or leave them free roaming to decide where they want to sleep?

I like to know that shes away safe and that we have a routine but I'm starting to wonder whether I may be in the minority

I'm quite lucky, mine are very food orientated :lol:

They live outside so are often hutched well before their official bedtime (Usually dusk or when they put themselves in)

Could you try perhaps feeding her earlier and then using treats at bedtime? I know when I have to put mine away during the day I use 'sweeties', it does mean however that I trip over them on the way up the garden to the hutch :lol::roll:

Mine don't have a hutch (house bunnies), so they are free range at night. When I surprised them coming down at 4am, they weren't in either of their 2 little hidey holes, or in the dog basket. They were both under the dining table, on the laminate floor.

Mine don't have a hutch (house bunnies), so they are free range at night. When I surprised them coming down at 4am, they weren't in either of their 2 little hidey holes, or in the dog basket. They were both under the dining table, on the laminate floor.

Rabbits do pick the most bizarre places to sleep when they have so much choice. Pooka is currently asleep on the hard carpeted floor with some hay on as opposed to the pile of blankets with cushions she has :roll:

bisc is free range in the lounge all day and night. at night i have a foldable fence that i use to block the curtains and tv. he gets excited when i get the fence out :lol::love:

My two have the run of the Office which is in fact our back bedroom however it is mostly known as the bunny room.

When my Origibun Thumpa left us it became known as Malcolm's room, now Blossom is with us it is back to the bunny room.

When I only had Thumpa and for a couple of months after Malcolm joined us I used to put them away in their hutch at bedtime (They have a two story hutch in the office) then I thought "what am I doing" they had the run of the office all day and when I was in the run of the house so why lock them up at night, the office is bunny proofed and in any case what are they likely to do over night that they wouldn't do during the day.

These days we still have the hutch but the bottom doors have been removed so at bedtime they are confined to the office (Bunny Room) just to stop them getting up to too much mischief and so they don't keep us up all night.

They mostly sleep on the floor boards under the shelving, probably because the pipes for the central heating run under the floor there and it is nice and warm. Rarely do they go in the hutch and never sleep on the soft fluffy towels that are in there for them.

Mine are free range over night, but they choose to sleep in the third story of their three story hutch, in the day they sleep on either the second story, under the front window or under the dining table. They have their little routine of heading upstairs to bed after I leave for bed, whatever time I go! They're always there if I get up super early or in the night for a drink :p

We have Bear and Alice in the lounge with us in the evening and when me and hubby go to bed we put them in their carrier and take them up to their room.
Sounds so easy..... ITS NOT!!
As soon as me and hubby get up and move around at a certain time of night they thump their feet and hide behind the sofa, they know the little *******!!
It usually takes some bribing out with treats before we can get them upstairs :)

if I let her have free run of the room at all times, will she not start to be territorial about it? my dogs have to walk through the room to go out in the garden and atm rabbit and dogs respect each others space so I wouldn't wanna upset that balance

Back