• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Jack's-Jane, could we please have a Lady Lydia update?

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
I've been thinking about her a lot this evening and was wondering how she's faring? Sending special bunny snuggles for her. xxxx

Awwwww thank you for thinking of her :love:

She is doing OK at the moment, her symptoms are no worse thank goodness. She seems happy within herself but she now really does not enjoy being out in the garden. The minute I put her out she tries to get back in. She has not liked being outside since Victor died and she actively avoids going near the corner of the garden they used to share. I have honestly never seen a Rabbit so profoundly effected by the loss of a partner. I have given up trying to bond her with anyBun else as she makes it absolutely clear that she does not want to know. Within seconds of introduction she attacks, it is not a half hearted fur pull but she goes for the throat and or the genitals :cry:

With her chronic sore hocks and now the suspected Thymoma I cannot risk trying to bond her any more and there is no way I would send her awy to be bonded. She has too many health problems and it would not be fair on anyone, on her, the bonder or me. If anything happened to her whilst she was away I dont think I could cope.

So all in all she is doing OK, but she is a very different Rabbit to the one she was when her soul mate Sir Victor was still with us. As you can see they were devoted to one another

I'm so glad she is doing ok, the photo of her with Sir Victor is so beautiful, you can just see what a devoted couple they were.

Please give her a gentle noserub from me xx

:love: Beautiful photo of them both Jane.

Glad to hear that she is doing OK and her symptoms have not worsened x

That picture is so beautiful it made me cry.

Do you mind if I print and pin to my board? We've finally got a colour printer and my plan is to fill my corkboard with wonderful bunnies, and with Lady Lydia there I can keep her in my thoughts for vibes.

I think in all honesty you know best with your rabbits, so sending her away for bonding even without her health issues would be a moot point. Sir Victor was her one and only, not like anyone could blame her, and by being clear in her refusal to bond I think it's her way of saying there's no chance, as opposed to a fur pull which might leave some hope of a bond occurring. Hoping she continues to be as well as she can be xxx

That picture is so beautiful it made me cry.

Do you mind if I print and pin to my board? We've finally got a colour printer and my plan is to fill my corkboard with wonderful bunnies, and with Lady Lydia there I can keep her in my thoughts for vibes.

I think in all honesty you know best with your rabbits, so sending her away for bonding even without her health issues would be a moot point. Sir Victor was her one and only, not like anyone could blame her, and by being clear in her refusal to bond I think it's her way of saying there's no chance, as opposed to a fur pull which might leave some hope of a bond occurring. Hoping she continues to be as well as she can be xxx

I dont mind you printing the picture :)

What a wonderful photo of them both :love: Ahhhh....were such love more common in humanity the world would go around a lot smoother than it does. :)
I am sorry to hear she is not enjoying the garden so much anymore. :( I think that she may be remembering the days when Sir Victor was there with her, and perhaps without him she does not feel as safe or adventurous as she may have been in the past. Understandable. Familiarity can help some things and in others it causes more discomfort.
Perhaps for now she is happiest in her pot in her enclosure with the photos and drawings of her love surrounding her, and of course spending time with you. :love: As long as she is content, then it is enough. :) She is a very special bun and perhaps, in a way, Victor is still very much with her in an unseen sense as well as in her heart and so accepting another mate is out of the question for that reason. She's a lady who knows what she wants! :D
I hope that she continues to do well and remain happy and healthy as possible with you for a long time. Thank you for the update, Jane. xxxx

Back