• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Orchid Vets, Brentwood, Essex

trudi

Warren Scout
My normal vet is William at Orchid who I have total confidence in, but he is on holiday. I need to get one of my rabbits to a vet, can anyone recommend a vet in South Essex who I can use until he gets back?

Also if treatment is started at a different vets practice can I go back to the Orchid when William returns and continue the treatment there.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say I can recommend them, as I don't know what they are like now, but I was looking at the website recently of the South Beech surgery at Wickford where I used to go years ago, and I'd be really interested to know what the new vets there are like. The website looks quite promising.

I spoke to William before he left, the locum apparently does have some exotics training and he said she was competent...I think I'd be tempted to go and see her...

Thanks Sarah have looked at website it does look promising, and thanks Louise that's reassuring.

Probably stick with Orchid and see how I get on and go to South Beech if I feel a need.

Thanks again.

Yeah, I'd be very tempted to stick with the same practice if you can. Let me know if you try South Beech! :)

I saw the locum at Orchid on Monday and she seems good :thumb: William also said to me that she has exotics experience.

When William isn't around we take our bunnies to Arianna who is one of the vets at Pets at Home in the middle of Southend (not the 'airport', the other one). She's a young vet who deals with all the rabbits from Essex rabbit rescue so she sees a lot of rabbits. I know the rescue rate her highly. She has her own rabbits and very interested in them.

Thank you, I saw Kathryn I found her very good and extremely helpful, would not hesitate to see her again.

Last edited:
Back