• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Tuckerbunnies - how is mummy Helen doing?

Karen's

Mama Doe
Hi Tuckerbunnies,
I was just wondering how mummy Helen is doing? I've been thinking about her, and you guys, and just wanted to say I hope your all OK x

And me ((((((((Sending hugs))))))))))
I know it must be so hard. I'm sending comforting vibes your way.
Hope Mum Helen is doing okay too. xxxx

Oh I do apologise I have only just seen this :oops:

Well Helen is not doing so good at the moment she is certainly missing Baby Saint and she is bound to as they had been together since they were
dumped and never ever parted from one another, only once when Baby Saint was having a big check up a couple of years ago were they parted for the day as the vet was checking whether Baby Saint should have her disabled leg amputated as it was they couldn't do it as she was so damaged internally. Helen on that day had travelled down with Baby Saint and home with her but had been left alone in one of the pens at the vet's while they checked and did tests on Baby Saint and seemingly Helen thumped all day and tried to nip whoever went to see to her and she also gave Baby Saint a nasty nip when we got home as if to say ' and don't toddle off again'!

We were so upset the other day again as Helen has a twisted spine as she has two very splay legs at the back and a dropped shoulder and sometimes when she is grooming she topples over and sometimes can't get up. On Saturday we settled the rabbits down for the night and switched the lights off and we have been going in to check Helen a lot with losing Baby Saint and we went in to check her and she was on her back with all four legs in the air as she had toppled over again. Mike quickly got her up and she was shaking and we think she hurt her back and so she was given some metacam and some TLC. It really upset us to see her like that, by Sunday morning she was much better. We do have knee socks filled with old t-shirts round the edge of the pen to stop her falling over but she was in the middle of the pen. ( Littleboots June is kindly making her some nice big sausage sides for her pen)

We do worry terribly about her toppling over during the night :(

Thank you so much for asking about her xx

Sending lots of nose rubs and cuddles to Helen. Would think about bonding her with another bun? Thinking that she might benefit from being bonded with a very laid back, gentle bun, who could help her when she fell over and groom her. I know this would be very risky, though, and I don't know if she's acceppt anybody else. :(

Bless her heart :( have you tried fleece round those long tubular swimming float thingies. Sorry i don't know their proper name but they had loads in our 99p store x

Oh, poor Helen, I'm sorry she is having these troubles. :(
Having dealt with the rolling Mimzy did while sick with headtilt I can understand the worry at how bunny fares the night. I usually didn't sleep much despite having bundled him before bed as best I could. I hope the 'sausages' help Helen out, the sweet girl. How blessed she is to have you and Mike. :)
Healing vibes with comforting thoughts being sent for you all. xxxx

Bless her heart :( have you tried fleece round those long tubular swimming float thingies. Sorry i don't know their proper name but they had loads in our 99p store x

I know what you mean but they seem a bit hard, we have used towels, draught excluders and stuffed long socks with towels and old t-shirts.

Sending lots of nose rubs and cuddles to Helen. Would think about bonding her with another bun? Thinking that she might benefit from being bonded with a very laid back, gentle bun, who could help her when she fell over and groom her. I know this would be very risky, though, and I don't know if she's acceppt anybody else. :(

I don't think we could bond Helen as she is to aggressive and with her being special needs she is quite vunerable and we would worry about her getting hurt or being knocked over, but she has Kenzo at one side of her and Rosie and Murphy at the other side although she can't see Rosie and Murphy as we put a piece of wood in-between when she was with Baby Saint ,mainly for warmth, and then she has Katie and Koko above her and Dudley facing so she has other rabbits around her.

I know what you mean but they seem a bit hard, we have used towels, draught excluders and stuffed long socks with towels and old t-shirts.

That's exactly what we used for trevor :) i know others have had success with the swimming things so wonder if them being harder actually helps x

I don't think we could bond Helen as she is to aggressive and with her being special needs she is quite vunerable and we would worry about her getting hurt or being knocked over, but she has Kenzo at one side of her and Rosie and Murphy at the other side although she can't see Rosie and Murphy as we put a piece of wood in-between when she was with Baby Saint ,mainly for warmth, and then she has Katie and Koko above her and Dudley facing so she has other rabbits around her.

I hope she does well on her own. It must help her so much to have other buns to see and "speak" to. :love:

Back