• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Colonel Colin-We are Losing the Battle With Chronic Otitis :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
The poor lad has a horrendous flare up of his ear trouble. He is now on a cocktail of treatments as well as daily ear canal flushes. I have just done today's flush and OMG the amount of pus that came out :cry:

Ear infections are :censored: and in English Lop like eared Rabbits they are double :censored:

:cry:

Oh no :cry:
Hope he starts to win soon. :cry:

I have a dwarf lop foster here who has had an ear infection. Was pretty sure it had cleaned up - but his behaviour (I can't see anything in his ears - need vet), is making me wonder. Back at the vets tomorrow. He has a home lined up too, so hope he's ok :cry:

Oh no - the poor poor Colonel :cry: Big hugs to you Jane - and a big nose rub to Colonel Colin.

Poor Colin :( Hope the drugs help and the ear flushes aren't too unpleasant for him. Sending lots of vibes for the Colonel xx

At least The Colonel does not seem to be unduly bothered by his gunky ears at the moment. He is not thrilled about having them flushed out, but he tolerates it and he is rewarded with a treat afterwards.

Oh poor Colonel Colin :( Sending healing vibes for his poorly ears as we speak ((((((((((((((((((Vibes and Prayers)))))))))))))))
Mimzy hates having his ears cleaned in any way and the last time his vet did them he was still shaking his head a day or two later because it must've felt so different to him. He blocks up with wax and filth so quickly that I could clean them at the end of the week and find the same gunk in them in the same quantities. :(

I really hope the Colonel will be feeling more himself soon. Sending you ((((((hugs))))) because it is never easy dealing with bunny ears. xxxx

Back