• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sudden death

Tattianna one of our lovely little girl buns has gone to The Bridge. Tatty was under 3 we believe, she came to live with us along with her 'sister' Tallulah (Tally) two and a half years ago. They have always been inseparable and as house buns lived mainly in our daughter's bedroom. As the girls got on so well with Bunby our dental bun, the two became a three a few months ago. Last night my daughter shouted that there was something wrong with Tatty and within seconds she was gone.

We are all heartbroken. Tatty was a beautiful little bun inside and out, gentle, loving and kind. Tally and Bunby have spent time with her. Both are eating and drinking but Tally is very quiet and doesn't want Bunby around her. All are booked into the vets later today for a check over and for Tatty to be taken for a PM. She was vaccinated, spayed, healthy and active. She was also very much loved. I can't believe she has gone. Tatty was one of 23 house buns. She was a small quiet little girl but has left a big hole.

We are heartbroken.

I am so sorry :cry: It sounds like you're doing everything you can for your other buns in spite of the shock.

Binky free Tatty xxx

Oh how heart breaking. I am so sorry. At least Tally and Bunby have each other. Hope it all goes well at the vets.

Oh no, what an awful shock :cry: I'm so sorry :cry: I hope the other buns are OK and you get some answers from the PM. Binky free Tatty xx

We've had the results of Tatty's PM. Our wonderful vet took her as soon as we got to the surgery and told us he would do a few preliminary things to hopefully give us a quick response but if nothing could be found he would need to do a more detailed PM. Within half an hour he came back and told us he had found a clot in Tatty's aortic valve. There was a sign of a blockage of the artey that sends blood to the brain. It wasn't a heart attack. He said Tatty would have felt no pain, perhaps a little light headed but it would have been so quick - it was, our daughter was with her and it was over in a flash. He checked Tally and Bunby although he said they were at no risk, it was just to put my mind at rest. he also checked Bunby's teeth (last dental two weeks ago yesterday). He agreed that with Tatty there would have been no sign of illness and no way to tell there was a problem unless she had had a heart scan but with no symptoms that would have been highly unlikely.

We've brought Tatty home to bury. She's in a special sealed box because of the PM.

We are all still so shocked but are relieved that our other buns are not at risk. Tatty really was a beautiful bun and I can't believe I will never smooth that lovely little face again or feel her snuzzle into me.

Rest easy at The Bridge beautiful girl, our home was a happier place having you in it xxx

Thanks for your support RU xxx

I'm glad you have some closure, and you know she didn't suffer, I hope you find some comfort in that at this sad time. Look after each other, buns and all x

I'm so, so sorry you lost your girl. Comforting vibes for your other bunnies and hugs to you.

I lost my own girl Poppy suddenly like that in July, although we did make it to the vets but she left us within minutes of getting there. The vet suspected a clot on her lung. Didnt consider a PM as was just in shock and took her home and buried her. Wish I'd had one now, for proper closure.:(

Sleep tight Tatty.

I'm so sorry. I can tell how much she was loved, and it's making me tear up just thinking about the pain you must be going through. What an awful, awful shock. I am glad you have had some closure, and at least it was quick and painless.

I hope your remaining pair and your family are coping well with your loss.

Binky free Tatty. x

Thank you all.

Tatty has been buried in the garden she loved. Her sister Tally is OK and so is her friend Bunby, both are eating well and grooming each other.

What was very sad is in the immediate moments of Tatty's passing as I was sat holding her and crying, Tally was sat by my leg making little sounds, it sounded like she was whimpering. We have got another 21 buns apart from Tatty and Tally but all I have ever heard before has been grunts or hiccups. I really believe poor Tally was crying, how heartbreaking is that? I so wish people took on board how much animals love each other. I still can't believe our beautiful, healthy, gentle little bun has gone.

Thanks for your support and kind words.

Den, I can appreciate how you must have felt on losing Poppy. Our vet is brilliant. He had offered previously to do a PM on a rabbit (Crystal) we rescued that died. Unfortunately this is the third PM we've had this year so we knew the drill. The vet handled it very sensitively and was so kind. I was terrified that Tatty had something catching and had to find out if there was any risk to our other buns. I don't think I would have thought about it on my own though, I was in too much of a state. Luckily hubby was there.

xxx

I am so sorry about the sudden passing of Tatty :cry:
There is no doubt in my mind as to the sensitivity and related emotions in animals for each other. They know before we do when something is wrong, and they obviously know when a companion animal is happy as well. Or angry or sad. That anyone can think animals don't experience feelings like we do is beyond my ken.
I'm sending vibes of peace and comfort to you and Tally in this sad time. I am sure that Tatty is watching over you all from the Rainbow. A bunny's wee body may pass from this world, but the love they bring to our lives never does.
Bless you. xxxx

Thank you all.

Tatty has been buried in the garden she loved. Her sister Tally is OK and so is her friend Bunby, both are eating well and grooming each other.

What was very sad is in the immediate moments of Tatty's passing as I was sat holding her and crying, Tally was sat by my leg making little sounds, it sounded like she was whimpering. We have got another 21 buns apart from Tatty and Tally but all I have ever heard before has been grunts or hiccups. I really believe poor Tally was crying, how heartbreaking is that? I so wish people took on board how much animals love each other. I still can't believe our beautiful, healthy, gentle little bun has gone.

Thanks for your support and kind words.

Den, I can appreciate how you must have felt on losing Poppy. Our vet is brilliant. He had offered previously to do a PM on a rabbit (Crystal) we rescued that died. Unfortunately this is the third PM we've had this year so we knew the drill. The vet handled it very sensitively and was so kind. I was terrified that Tatty had something catching and had to find out if there was any risk to our other buns. I don't think I would have thought about it on my own though, I was in too much of a state. Luckily hubby was there.

xxx

Oh reading about Tally crying made me cry too. Thank you for your kind words especially at such a horrid time for you.:love:

Back