• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy bunnies = happy hoomin

Schez

Mama Doe
:D

I've been out all day with the bunnies cleaning them out and rearranging their runs. You can just "feel" how happy they are. :love: I do get odd days when I go to clean them out when I think "here we go again..." :)oops: ever get days like that?!) But a few minutes in with their cute little smoosh faces and I'm happy and enjoying it. :shock:
I know it's gonna sound weird but feeling like they are happy puts me in a wonderful mood. It's so satisfying. :thumb:

Plus it's absolutely beautiful out there. It's warm and sunny. Jamie followed me out and kept distracting me with his antics. Rolling about in the leaves, chasing flies and pouncing on invisible foes... :lol: he's barely left my side today.

Seen butterflies and dragonflies just lazily fluttering past and I feel lovely. It's like summer out there and boy have I felt like I've needed the sun. Good tunes in the earphones... Oh what a lovely way to spend a Sunday.

I found some old washing up bowls in the shed and filled them with different hays. Harry watched every move and when I popped it in, he instantly got in! He looked so comical - wish I had got a picture. It was just the expressions he was pulling... :lol:
The lions love hopping on and off their home made den and my rexes are flopped in the fresh straw at the end of their run in the sunshine... :love:

*happiness* :lol: :D :thumb:

Aww, sounds like you had a lovely day :D I've been tidying in the garden and in the goats field, the goats careering about always lift my spirits even on the most miserable days when I feel rubbish. I love to watch the chickens scratching about for worms, or bits of spilt goat feed :lol:

Aww, sounds like you had a lovely day :D I've been tidying in the garden and in the goats field, the goats careering about always lift my spirits even on the most miserable days when I feel rubbish. I love to watch the chickens scratching about for worms, or bits of spilt goat feed :lol:

:love::love::love:

This is why I'm rubbish at understanding non animal people... :oops: I mean, each to their own right? But the way animals can make you feel soooooooo much better and the rewards you get in return for working so hard with them... :love: I love them all :lol: I bet it's lovely to go out and see goats cantering around.... My grandad had a farm(though we didn't go much -long story) but he had a goat called Bessie and she was amazing. Soppy and loving... But ate everything :lol: he also had chickens and you knew which one was boss when you went out to feed them... :shock: she had attitude! :lol:

:love::love::love:

This is why I'm rubbish at understanding non animal people... :oops: I mean, each to their own right? But the way animals can make you feel soooooooo much better and the rewards you get in return for working so hard with them... :love: I love them all :lol: I bet it's lovely to go out and see goats cantering around.... My grandad had a farm(though we didn't go much -long story) but he had a goat called Bessie and she was amazing. Soppy and loving... But ate everything :lol: he also had chickens and you knew which one was boss when you went out to feed them... :shock: she had attitude! :lol:

I know my non pet owning friends think I'm bonkers, but I don't care :lol: Both goats are really friendly Salt isn't all that bothered about cuddles, but Pepper is so soppy, she follows me everywhere like a shadow :love: yes my chickens have attitude, when the goats are being fed they think nothing of going up and trying to steal food, I have to stand guard :lol:

I know my non pet owning friends think I'm bonkers, but I don't care :lol: Both goats are really friendly Salt isn't all that bothered about cuddles, but Pepper is so soppy, she follows me everywhere like a shadow :love: yes my chickens have attitude, when the goats are being fed they think nothing of going up and trying to steal food, I have to stand guard :lol:

:lol: Food defender! :lol: Oh chickens can be so funny... The characters! :lol:

I had a tough moment with someone in work. They made me feel really bad about owning bunnies. :( said I shouldn't be doing it as I've just caged them and don't I think they should be free? They could never keep a caged animal etc. :( I stood my ground, and explained calmly about my set ups and my bunnies lifestyle but it left me feeling horrible for awhile.

Yep, my family/friends think I'm bonkers... :lol:

I have had a lovely day too. Spent a lot of time in my room with the lovely lovely quad and have painted the outside of their shed and begun operation clean up ready for them to move in. Just need to buy some nice posh roofing felt to stop the leak and make some shelves.

The sun was out. Tass (collie) followed me outside and waited patiently for me to play with her. The guinea pigs have learned to use their ramp (thanks to a towel on it) and I am preparing the metal shed for them to be in over the winter (in their hutch).

Sunshine and lovely animals. What a combination. Lots of people think I am slightly mad too. Thank goodness for all you lot on here x

Back