• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The strength, courage and determination in rabbits. :)

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Having been reading about Baby Saint....:cry: , Simba......:D, Julie and quite a few other elderly, special needs and bridge bunnies......I just want to say.......

We should never give up on these remarkable animals.

Their powers of recovery, trust, tenacity are absolutely incredible.

I'm sure that I will never, ever fail to be amazed by their will to survive............................

Thank goodness that we on RU are trying to get other people to understand this too.

Having been reading about Baby Saint....:cry: , Simba......:D, Julie and quite a few other elderly, special needs and bridge bunnies......I just want to say.......

I'm sure that I will never, ever fail to be amazed by their will to survive............................

Thank goodness that we on RU are trying to get other people to understand this too.

I agree with every word and have been privileged to know many such rabbits who have displayed these qualities :love:

These bunnies are such inspirational animals.

Their stories have me in tears but it is wonderful to know that there are so many people out there who care so much for them.

It is so sad what some animals go through but amazing that they still manage to come out the other side and learn to trust again, and to live life to the full. We should take a leaf out of their books!

So very very true of all these bunnies
I had the privilage of meeting Baby Saint have just one word...... amazing
What these bunnies go through and yet still have trust in humans is beyond me :(

Absolutely and totally agree with you.

When Daisy dislocated her hip back in the beginning of September, and after the vet trying everything bar surgery, we really thought this was it. We, including the vet didn't think she would pull through the anaesthesia from the anthroplasty hip surgery as she was still a baby (15 weeks old). Not only did she pull through the surgery, she has made a full recovery in this short space of time and she's the bunny that she was before the accident. The vet said and quote "she's a right little fighter this one".

It's only been 5 weeks since the surgery and today I witnessed her washing her face and ears standing her hind legs. She jumping around and binkying like nothing's ever happened to her. Rabbits seems to just "get on with it" unlike some of us human kind who would be moaning and feeling sorry for ourselves if they were in the same situation.

In my eyes, she's definitely a remarkable bunny.

So very very true - they are just stubborn little critters aren't they? They will not give up. True inspiration to us all:thumb:

I agree with all this. My Dexter was so ill the first time, the vet wanted to pts but I said no as I felt there was still a chance and he gave him 24 hours and he recovered enough in that time that they agreed to continue treatment and he recovered almost completely and had a happy life for another three months until he was I'll again. Hence why I wonder everyday if I did the right thing in letting the vet pts then or if he could have pulled through again. But that's another story.

I agree with all this. My Dexter was so ill the first time, the vet wanted to pts but I said no as I felt there was still a chance and he gave him 24 hours and he recovered enough in that time that they agreed to continue treatment and he recovered almost completely and had a happy life for another three months until he was I'll again. Hence why I wonder everyday if I did the right thing in letting the vet pts then or if he could have pulled through again. But that's another story.

You must have had your reason for making that difficult decision at the time. You clearly loved him very much indeed. Try to 'rabbit up' and live in the present x

Three of my four buns have sight/hearing/balance problems due to poor care in their previous homes but in fact cope amazingly well-i just keep a close eye on them and whisk them off to the vets when necessary.Rabbits are such incredible animals.

Last edited:
You must have had your reason for making that difficult decision at the time. You clearly loved him very much indeed. Try to 'rabbit up' and live in the present x

:lol: I love that and it's true, they could show is a thing or two :love:

Here's a picture of me and a very special bun I spent yesterday afternoon grooming:
http://www.hopefield.org.uk/
OK, so, not me, ha, ha but that is definitely Scruffy the bun in her arms.
Scruff was in a terribly state when Hopefield Animal Sanctuary found him abandoned at their gate. As a neglected angora he was covered in matts and filty. He is also blind because of the utter neglect he suffered. But he pulled through.
Now he lives with his bunny friend/guide in the sanctuary and is spoilt by everyone who knows him. :D
What a spirit.

Back