• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lots of Guinea Pigs..some poorly

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
We have had a number of piggies surrendered this week
First a pair of 11 month old boars given in as children got bored and mum got scared as they bite, and she is right, they do! :shock:
Timor

and Taro

Then I collected a group of pigs that I had seen advertised on Gumtree and I was worried about them due to the wording of ad..they were asking £5 per pig but I got them all and did not pay a penny as i refused due to state they were in and lady just wanted them out of the way..I also told their owner a few truths about care..or lack of it. My hunch was right, they needed saving:cry:

First year old Sabrina, has had a couple of litters which have been sold/given away and 3 were left
As you can see she is bald and has bite marks, this could be hormonal and also due to the fact that 7 pigs were being kept together in a 2 foot by 18 inch hutch. We really hope she isn't pregnant again and can enjoy a more peaceful life

and her lovely face :love:

an 8 week old sow, Tahiti, you can see the start of fungal infection round her eye..she also has bite marks

and Tahiti's sister, Tenerife ..showing some of her sores

then 8 week old boar, Jolo :love:

and some of his patches

then year old sow Palma who may well be pregnant

Her daughter 3 month old Ponza..again infection round eye

and 3 month old boar Java..he seems ok

our rodentologist will be looking at them and appropriate treatment will be given..we've had so many poorly animals in lately

Aww hope they recover quickly and find the homes they deserve. 7 pigs in a 2 foot by 18 inch hutch :censored: What is the matter with people :censored:

Oh I am so in love with Sabrina. Not in a position to get more piggies until the rabbits are bonded and out of my bedroom. My three will then be coming indoors (neutered boar and two sows).

How sad that they had all been crammed into such a tiny hutch. So much neglect ...

and just to add, all our fosterers are great, but have to add a huge thank you to Ange and Cathy H for once again offering to take extras to enable me to save these animals. Thank you both , you are stars xxx

Ahh bless them, they are so cute. What are the sores caused by?
We just adopted 2 guineapigs they are so cute and it was awesome we got to choose from loads and she gave us an older really laid back pair that have fitted into our family so seamlessly it's like they have been here forever. Now I can say I definitely :love: guinea pigs xx

:shock: I just can't take it in... Poor piggies.:( Thank goodness they have found you and have a chance of a happier lfe.xx

Oh my gosh how far is Leicester from Manchester?! I've just fallen in love with 3 of them!! :love: So glad there r people like u but wish it wasn't needed if people would just stop treating animals like :censored:

Oh my gosh how far is Leicester from Manchester?! I've just fallen in love with 3 of them!! :love: So glad there r people like u but wish it wasn't needed if people would just stop treating animals like :censored:

we rehome nationally and help with transport can often be arranged..so if you are serious get in touch :D

Back