• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else never see their rabbits sleep?

Jojo123

Mama Doe
Is just me that never see their rabbits lying down asleep? Ive never seen Buster resting with his head on the floor I have once with Alfie but he had his chin on the floor wasn't really lay on his side like peoples sleeping rabbit pics! They are both inside so you would think I would have seen them sleeping?

They can sleep in all kinds of positions though, and with their eyes open. My Truffles thinks she's a dog and Samantha copies her, but not all rabbits sleep like that by any means.

At least you're saved that panicky moment when you look out to the run and think "OMG its died!!!", rush outside and then get scowled at by a sleepy bunny you've just rudely awoken! :lol:

Hmmm.......yes, I think I can safely say I often see Lady Jane sleeping.......

The Boys are usually tucked away when they sleep, but when it's sunny they will snooze out in the sun, all flopped out :love:

If you don't think you see them sleeping look when they're laying down for nose twitches. They usually stop when they're asleep, unless they're dreaming, so minimal or no nose twitching usually means sleep. More commonly now my lot will actually close their eyes, but I think they feel more at ease now. Keeping eyes open allows them to act as an intruder alarm, any movement in view will send off nerve signals that wake them up.

That's second picture of Lady Jane is gorgeous! Her cute little bunny lip! Yes I guess im saved from the "ahhh my bunny is dead" panic. They do sit the loaf of bread style a lot and they do lie down but just with their heads up, I think they have one ear out for me when im coming into the room in hope of treats

If you don't think you see them sleeping look when they're laying down for nose twitches. They usually stop when they're asleep, unless they're dreaming, so minimal or no nose twitching usually means sleep. More commonly now my lot will actually close their eyes, but I think they feel more at ease now. Keeping eyes open allows them to act as an intruder alarm, any movement in view will send off nerve signals that wake them up.

Thank you im going to look at out for that now, the only time I see Buster closing his eyes is when I fuss him. He will put his head on the floor and close his eyes but gets right up when I stop

That's second picture of Lady Jane is gorgeous! Her cute little bunny lip! Yes I guess im saved from the "ahhh my bunny is dead" panic. They do sit the loaf of bread style a lot and they do lie down but just with their heads up, I think they have one ear out for me when im coming into the room in hope of treats

I do love the one ear up and one down pose, 'just in case' :lol:

Pooka will stretch out but if something catches her attention like a bird call, but she can't be bothered to get up (lazy bun!) one ear will shoot up. Since she's a lop it looks very funny.

Aw clover sleeps in all sorts of positions, right now she's basically sleeping standing up or she tucks all her paws underneath her and gets into a duck like position or she DBFs lol

Ah Lady Jane is gorgeous. I can never take pictures of Doughnut like that, as I sneak up on her she changes position!

I always see Doughnut sleeping, she normally stretches out and sometimes puts her chin on the ground. She seems to have a good sleep then gets lively again and then another doze.

I quite often see Olly sleeping. Not so much during the week when we're at work but he always has a snooze under our table in the afternoon, eyes closed and all.

Tia does dbf and falls fast asleep and often dreams shes so cute when she dreams but ive only ever seen rupert asleep with his eyes closed once :(

Biff and Bramble don't seem to care, they're always falling asleep in front of me..
sleepybramble_zps709b8ddc.jpg

bamble_zpsbc4bd921.jpg

biffysleeping_zps3d06b894.jpg

I dont see mine sleeping cos they hear me coming up the garden, especially when I sing their feeding song!!! Its great having them indoors atm (bonding) no sleeping but quite a few exquisitly cute dbfs.

Back when we still had their cage base up, this was Samantha's favourite place to sleep
1239858_10151914830756057_808990991_n.jpg

They've actually still not forgiven us for taking the cage away and still do poos all over the floor where it was, the little moos.

MJ is a prize sleeper and DBFs all over the place, Temperance never DBF's. Sometimes you will catch her sleeping in the bunloaf position, you can tell when her nose drops and her whiskers start twitching :)

MJ catching 40 winks.

563140_10152555320250065_1447342262_n.jpg

1003466_10153008150035065_442525576_n.jpg

Looking through my pictures, I have only got a couple of lovely 'wide awake' pics of my French Lop called Buster, he's always sleeping and even when I go up to him and am calling his name, he often doesn't respond or just opens one eye, never gets up and moves even when hovering, so I have to physically pick him up to move him out of the way :roll:

I think Bella sleeps with her eyes open a lot of the time. Sometimes she'll sit there looking awake, but her nose isn't twitching at all and she doesn't seem aware of anything that's going on around her. Its a bit scary :lol:

She does flop a lot as well, even more so since she moved upstairs. She really likes it there :)

Back