• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnys do love their routine!

Fellie

Warren Veteran
I am working from home today so as a treat I let Sheldon & Holly out for a run - at this time of day, it is completley out of their normal time for coming out and Holly was not a happy girl - kept thumping at ghosts, running behind the sofa and Sheldon followed me everywhere, digging at my feet anytime I stopped. So they were persuaded to go back to their hutch.

So Bug came out next - she was SO excited...and then just sat there and didn't move until I sneezed and gave her a fright.

I've left the fluffies - the buns obviously don't like do things outside their normal daily routine...even having a lovely long free range time...silly critters :love:

I never realised this, but Olly must do as well. My hubby is usually home from work about 5-5.30 and me at 6. But one day last week we both worked late, my hubby was home before me but not until 7.00. When he got home Olly kept thumping, which he never does. We did wonder why but I guess he had the hump that he was 2 hours late for his nibbles and on his own for longer than usual. We will have to make sure we don't both work late the same nights in future!

You were late for his nibbles??? - oh the shock and horror :shock: ;)

Ours thump in the morning if I'm late with breakfast - Sundays are the worst, it's like the percussion part of band with them all going for it:D

These buns certainly do tell us off don't they :love:

If we're late with her food Pooka will clear the puppy pen and run around our feet. Also happens when I bring her hay up but am too slow getting it into the hay rack :lol:

Ours have their routine and if we break it, there's trouble - they have 'cut off points' tho - like, in the morning 9.30 is the latest we can get up on a weekend, or else the litter trays are emptied onto floor, and wee is all over the floor, and they chuck their toys from top shelf.... after work we have to be back by 630 or else the same happens and god forbid we are late with their pellets on a night time - they start eating walls etc lol oh and every night rupert does his oven check - where he goes into kitchen to check i've put the oven on for the human dinner (they have pelelts when we have dinner)!

So true ! Love your rabbit checking that human dinner is on ! :0) I get nudged endlessly and the odd nip if I'm late cleaning out of a morning . Cross little faces wanting fresh hay ! :lol:

He follows me in there, the other day i lost him and was starting to panic, i rattled the pellet tub then heard a scratching on the kitchen door hahah he must have followed me in to check the food was on n i didn't notice him, poor fella :lol:

If we're having a takeaway or been out (is it sad that we make sure we're always home by 7 at the latest on weekends?!?! :? ) and lose track of time, and it gets to 8:05 - tia comes and gives us the 'death stare' where she just sits right infront of me and stares at me (it can get quite freaky actually!) and rupert jumps in front of the tv haha he also pulls my phone out my hand, he hates me using my phone during 'his' time! :lol:

I love bunny personalities, they're just so cute!

My poor rabbits must be really confused then - because our 'routine' is often out by an hour or so either way! :oops: Downside to running around after 2 kids too :roll: :lol:

in the mornings eddie and bella will sit next to their empty bowls and suck in their tummies and cheeks to try and look thin (they are not!) until the waitress (me) serves them breakfast. after that there is a little period of snoozing and bunny-baths followed by hay tray time for munching and elimination.

between 11.30 and mid-day eddie will retire to the hidey-hole to begin his nap, bella will usually follow about 30 mins to an hour later, they remain in the hidey-hole (bladders permiting) until about 4pm.

when they emerge it will be straight to the hay tray for munchies followed by grooming and general pottering about before sitting next to their bowls and trying to look thin!

talk about habit of the rabbit!!

I can tell if Lola hasn't slept at her normal time in the morning as she gets naughty and attention seeking. Chewing on her bars etc even though she is permanently out!

I have also noticed this week if I go and spend time with the other bunnies (in the room where the fenugreeks are!) Lola periscopes looking to see if I have left her a fenugreek crunchie. She only periscopes for Fenugreeks!! I sometimes hide them and a usual spot is on top of her log thing that she has to periscope to get to. I catch her going and having a look if there is one up there :lol: she is pre empting that when I come out of her sisters room I will be bringing goodies with me :lol:

Mine have an eggcupful of pellets between them in the morning at around 7.30 (later on the weekends, can be around 9am), then they usually have a little treat of something when I get home from work and we have cuddles till around 8 when I give them their tea (another eggcupful of pellets) but honestly the evening can be out by quite a bit I'm busy in the evenings. They don't seem to get too upset, though they are always pleased to see me. But I don't seem to have huffy buns, Levi always gives me my nose licks :)

You were late for his nibbles??? - oh the shock and horror :shock: ;)

Ours thump in the morning if I'm late with breakfast - Sundays are the worst, it's like the percussion part of band with them all going for it:D

These buns certainly do tell us off don't they :love:

Agh mine do this but misfit also throws her litter tray around by picking it up with her teeth. It makes a terrible noise on the patio!

Back