• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gripe Water really is the bees knees!

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Honestly, the stuff is fab!

Came home and Herbie refused his pellets, tried to get him to eat but no. He was stretching out lying down and couldn't get comfy. Gave him a couple of syringes of gripe water and a belly rub for about an hour and he is now munching his pellets.

I could feel the gas in his tummy when I was rubbing his wee belly.

I thoroughly recommend the stuff!

Just out of curiosity, have you ever used infacol and do you think gripe water works better?

Just out of curiosity, have you ever used infacol and do you think gripe water works better?

Yip, I have used Infacol. I have found the Gripe Water to work better, and all bunnies that I have used Gripe water with actually love the taste of it. :) It is also easier to give as I just use a syringe to suck up direct from the Gripe Water bottle.

Yip, I have used Infacol. I have found the Gripe Water to work better, and all bunnies that I have used Gripe water with actually love the taste of it. :) It is also easier to give as I just use a syringe to suck up direct from the Gripe Water bottle.

Ooh interesting!! Ive always used infacol as it has simeticone in it which I know the vets sometimes give and my brain thinks if its drug sounding it must work better! but lots of others have also commented on the effectiveness of Gripe Water so Ive bought a bottle but never actually used it... next time I will! Mine definitely dont like infacol and its really gloopy!

I didn't know you could give gripe water, but knew about infacol but he hates it, so ill get some gripe water in too! thanks for the tip! and glad herbie is feeling better

I tend to use Infacol but I do know that Gripe water contains amongst its ingredients, Dill and Fennel. So I often give those plants to any bunnies who I think may be slightly colicy - even if they're not yet displaying any actual symptoms. But may get some gripe water in stock. How much do you normally give? I tend to give 2ml of Infacol to my 2.7kg buns.

I give 2ml for the 1st dose, then after that I give 1ml every 4 - 6 hours. I also continue it for a couple of days after the problem has happened.

Thank you. How much does your bunny weigh? Although TBH, I don't think you could overdose gripe water.

Ta muchly :D. I've just noticed that you joined the forum the same month and year as me and you've posted WAYYYYYYY more than me :lol:.

Ta muchly :D. I've just noticed that you joined the forum the same month and year as me and you've posted WAYYYYYYY more than me :lol:.

That is probably cos I had so much to ask regarding help from folk as wee Kermit had head tilt, then I got Inca with a million and one problems.

Then cos I do the Pledge a Pound stuff. :)

I normally give 1ml Infacol and if they're still not right after an hour I give another 1ml, they're normally ok after that. They don't really like the texture of Infacol though so I might get some gripe water as well.

Back