• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Important Message re reccommending Rescues...

RSPCA Macclesfield

Warren Scout
Just wanted to remind people as I do sometimes worry when I see things. Please, please don't recommend rescues that you have no experience of dealing with or know someone who has. As much as we all like to think that all 'Rescues' are compassionate and are all working towards the same goal, it is sometimes not the case - and bad rescues do exist. Please keep it in mind, and help by spreading the word if you have had a good experience with a rescue :D Hope this is Ok to post!

Just wanted to remind people as I do sometimes worry when I see things. Please, please don't recommend rescues that you have no experience of dealing with or know someone who has. As much as we all like to think that all 'Rescues' are compassionate and are all working towards the same goal, it is sometimes not the case - and bad rescues do exist. Please keep it in mind, and help by spreading the word if you have had a good experience with a rescue :D Hope this is Ok to post!

Very true. Anyone can set themselves up as a 'Rescue' but it does not give any guarantee that they provide good care and advice. Their heart may be in the right place, but they can end up being part of the problem rather than the solution as far as Rabbit Welfare is concerned. I would now only recommend a Rescue that I have visited myself. What is posted online can be very misleading.

I try and encourage people to only recommend rescues which neuter, vaccinate, homecheck and bond (sadly these seem few an far between now).

I agree completely....there are a huge range if rescues, a few that are excellent, a few that I would never send a bun to if it was the only option, and everything in between!

Back