• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My friend lost her rabbit - Bradford - can anyone help?

martlou

Warren Veteran
I just found out a lady I know at work has lost her rabbit, Miffy. Miffy went missing 11 September from Great Horton in Bradford. She called the RSPCA but they didn't tell her that other rescues exist so she hasn't checked them. She went looking in neighbours gardens and put posters up but to no avail :cry: There was no sign of any blood or fur in the garden so it looks like Miffy has dug out of the garden.

This is Miffy

I know it's a bit of a long shot but I'm hoping someone may have found her and handed her in. Is the best way to check just to contact individual rescues? I've seen Bunny Camp listed on here for Bradford but does anyone know any others?

Bunny Camp would be the nearest rabbit rescue - I don't know of any others in Bradford.
Has your friend tried the local pet shops? Sometimes stray rabbits are handed in and may be rehomed from there - we have had one via this route. Darvills on Thornton Road springs to mind, but I'm not familiar with that side of Bradford. There is also the RSPCA in Bradford centre and Pets at Home at Foster Square. Putting posters up in the local pet shops may jog someone's memory.

It is worth informing local vets and posting a picture in their window as often people will approach them if they find a 'stray' - that's how I managed to find my cat who had been missing for 6 weeks.

I think Greenleaf (used to be Ambience on here) is in Bradford. I'll drop her a message.

Thanks everyone I'll pass on your ideas tomorrow.

Esupi - I thought that about Greenleaf but then on the rescue page it says national so I wasn't sure. I will pass on the rescue email addresses.

Could try putting an advert in a local papers lost and found section, really hope she is found. A friend lost her rabbit and he turned up 3 months later at a local pet shop :shock:

Sounds like good advice from everyone, I'd be the same just contact vets, pet shops and rescues. In the event Pooka went missing she's microchipped (had it done with her spay since it was very cheap combined) but I do worry since people won't necessarily think a rabbit is chipped, probably even some vets. Luckily being an indoor bun it's not too bad, but I did it for when she's on the harness, as she likes to bury into a bush then stare at me whilst she chews the lead :roll:

Could try putting an advert in a local papers lost and found section, really hope she is found. A friend lost her rabbit and he turned up 3 months later at a local pet shop :shock:

my nan found a rabbit once and we also kept it, well at hers as at time had a spare hutch at hers, also for 3months, then one day a lady come round after enquiring around for a while, and was about to give up , when my nan asked her about the rabbit, she described it exactly and we knew it was hers so she went back home, with bedding even a basket and some toys :)

Back