• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Following on.. Graphic images in first post

:cry::cry::cry:

I've been guilty of buying pets. And I don't regret them for a second.

BUT

I have learnt a lot in the last couple of years and can say hand on heart 'never again' its rescue now and for always.

:cry::cry::cry:

I've been guilty of buying pets. And I don't regret them for a second.

BUT

I have learnt a lot in the last couple of years and can say hand on heart 'never again' its rescue now and for always.

i bought my rabbits aswell but adopted my guinea pigs after finding out about rescues. :love: rescue all the way for me now aswell. :thumb:

i bought my rabbits aswell but adopted my guinea pigs after finding out about rescues. :love: rescue all the way for me now aswell. :thumb:

Working in a rescue and dealing with the animals that come in is kinda a harsh life lesson. I take my hat off to those of you who run the rescues. I feel lucky to work at a rescue, it's such a rewarding and draining job and yet I now KNOW that I could never run a rescue, I'm not strong enough.

I won't buy from a pet shop again either - and am questioning whether or not I can continue to buy accessories etc from shops that sell live animals.

You live & learn.

I won't buy from a pet shop again either - and am questioning whether or not I can continue to buy accessories etc from shops that sell live animals.

You live & learn.

Same here. Frosty and Snowfake from a pet shop (and past animals). All others from the rescue.

:cry:
That's awful, poor unwanted souls :(

My pets are all rescues, I will NEVER buy from a pet shop or breeder. And I also refuse to shop in places that sell live animals.

I fully support rescues, I personally donate to rescues too.

Please can I just request a small warning for the picture. I agree with the poster 100% and am well aware of the hard choices made but the last picture is still upsetting

The poster is... Very powerful. :( I'll be posting this as well. :thumb: I have bought animals in the past... :oops: First bunny as an adult Stanleigh was from a garden centre... :evil: I know now it was wrong as it just supports what they were doing but the feeling was so strong - I couldn't leave her. I love her so much and she is a joy. Can't imagine being without her. :love: My little lions were gumtree rescue... I had to get them out of a situation before god knows what would happen to the little souls. The woman was desperate... :shock:
I must admit, going through rescue was very scary initially. When I approached rescue for our cat Jamie, I had so many worries about what the rescue would think of me and my family - if they would deem us good enough. :oops: and the thought of someone coming into our home to check was positively nerve racking... But having gone through it now - it will be rescue all the way from now on. :thumb:

Could we have a warning on this thread please?

I've just got in after working all weekend and avoided threads I thought may be upsetting as I am tired and emotional (I have been doing care work).

I didn't realise what this thread would be about - thought it would be a photo of a new bunny who had come to rescue - and am now crying.

I totally agree with the message but not everyone is strong enough to see images like the last one. If there had been a warning I would have left it until tomorrow - as I have done the Rainbow Bridge threads.

Back