• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: RSPCA bunnies looking for homes

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of .....

catherine09 said:
Hi

I foster for my local RSPCA, and my current foster bunny has been in rescue nearly 2 years now with minimal interest :( so we've decided to step up the advertising a bit to try and find her a perfect forever-home. I hope that's okay. Details below

Physical Description: Farore is a jet black continental giant, with huge ears and feets <3. She is a fairly small conti - weighing in at just under 4kg

Temperament: Gentle giant, she circles my feet and is generally a loon at dinner time. She does the most amazingly clumsy binkies, and is a joy to watch. She has been known to nibble clothes and shoelaces for attention but has never bitten.

Sex: Female

Neuter Status: Neutered

Vaccination Status: Vaccinated

Health: Farore has arthritis in her back legs, which is managed by daily metacam (0.5ml). This doesn't affect her too much, she is still very mobile and able to jump/binky etc.

Type of home wanted: Farore has been bonded in the past to a partner who unfortunately died, however since then she has not bonded to any other male that she has been tried with. For this reason, and the fact that she has arthritis, she would be best as an indoor house bunny. We know the right home is out there somewhere for this special girlie, and boy am I determined to find it :love:. We are going into the second winter I have had Farore on foster and I really don't want her to spend another winter outside all alone :( I spend as much time as I can with her but she really needs an indoor home. She is a large bunny so ideally she will be fully free range or have her own room/very large space!

Location: She is being fostered in Eastleigh, but the rescue is based in Reading. If you live further afield and feel you are the perfect home, please get in touch as I'm sure something can be arranged for the right home.

Reason for rehoming: Farore has been in rescue for nearly 2 years now, and she is desperate for a home to finally call her own again.

Thank-you. I will post pictures underneath the thread when it goes up.

Catherine

Looking forward to seeing pictures, I am very very very interested. I am actually very local at the moment but will be moving in a couple of weeks to somewhere not so local, but as long as a home check could be sorted getting her to me would not be an issue as I would be down fairly often.

Could I maybe come and see her at some point?

Looking forward to seeing pictures, I am very very very interested. I am actually very local at the moment but will be moving in a couple of weeks to somewhere not so local, but as long as a home check could be sorted getting her to me would not be an issue as I would be down fairly often.

Could I maybe come and see her at some point?

Oh wow, she's been in rescue so long I really didn't expect anything so quickly :D

I'll put photos up in the next hour or so. You are more than welcome to come to see her :thumb: she's being fostered by me in eastleigh at the moment

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

Oh wow, she's been in rescue so long I really didn't expect anything so quickly :D

I'll put photos up in the next hour or so. You are more than welcome to come to see her :thumb: she's being fostered by me in eastleigh at the moment

I looked her up on here and found the thread when she first came to you, I remember that thread and I remember thinking 'oh wow, I wish' but where I am now I couldn't offer her a home. Where I am moving to however I can. I would want to try her with my boy, I know it may not work but I have the time to really give it a good go at least, even if they hate each other I will work something out and she could have a lovely comfy home free range in a large living room, a sofa to flop on and lots of cuddles.

A conti has always been my dream bun and there is a stunning grey boy at the rescue I work at. Sadly I can't have another boy and they wouldn't rehome so far away anyway so I've just watched him, given him ear rubs and dreamed.

ETA she is stunning :love:

I looked her up on here and found the thread when she first came to you, I remember that thread and I remember thinking 'oh wow, I wish' but where I am now I couldn't offer her a home. Where I am moving to however I can. I would want to try her with my boy, I know it may not work but I have the time to really give it a good go at least, even if they hate each other I will work something out and she could have a lovely comfy home free range in a large living room, a sofa to flop on and lots of cuddles.

A conti has always been my dream bun and there is a stunning grey boy at the rescue I work at. Sadly I can't have another boy and they wouldn't rehome so far away anyway so I've just watched him, given him ear rubs and dreamed.

ETA she is stunning :love:

I've PM'ed you back :thumb:

The home sounds ideal to me, because she hasn't bonded in the last few attempts we thought that an indoor single bunny home was best, however if you are planning to try her with your male then it might work, and that would surpass all expectations that we had for a home for her :love: It's an ideal sitation really as she will be given a chance of a hus-bun, but then if it doesn't work out she will still get a lovely indoor home :love:

I'll tell her she best smarten up and behave for a visit from her potential new mummy :lol:

:D:D:D:D - Oh Wow - fingers crossed for this girl - I addddddooore Black Bunnies xxxxx

Also sounds really good re the bonding, I have two who kinda live in separate parts of our house:roll: lol but then go dating outside (they are only apart due to my lads health situation) and it works really well, they both get bunny interaction and they have their own areas in which to feel totally secure, so there are always alternatives to try and make things work for bunnies and I'm sure she will enjoy being a pampered house bun if the longer term bonding doesn't work.

Oh I so hope this all works out ----- A BIG BLACK BUNNY - someone is going to be one lucky bunny mum:love:

Just went to meet the lovely girl, she is wonderful :love:

Defiantly moving onto the next stage of this :love::love::love:

Catherine, Ill PM you in a bit with my details!

Only just read this thread. How exciting. I fell in love with Farore when I fed Catherine's fur babies when she went away. She is a gorgeous girlie and very gentle (Farore, not Catherine:oops:).

I will have another excuse to come and visit you now, Hele. When are you moving? I'd love to try and come over before you go to have some bunny cuddles, especially now your foster is a permanent member of your fur family.

Only just read this thread. How exciting. I fell in love with Farore when I fed Catherine's fur babies when she went away. She is a gorgeous girlie and very gentle (Farore, not Catherine:oops:).

I will have another excuse to come and visit you now, Hele. When are you moving? I'd love to try and come over before you go to have some bunny cuddles, especially now your foster is a permanent member of your fur family.

Yes please do come over!

I won't have Farore until after I move (assuming the RSPCA is happy to rehome her to me) as the new house is the one that needs to be home checked... Plus I wouldn't have the time to rehome a rabbit before moving! :shock:

We go the 15th so next Tuesday :shock: gulp! I am working all weekend days in between but weekdays I am around and have a nice free schedule since I'm supposed to be packing (yeah right! :lol:) please please feel free to come around whenever you want! We have tea and flavoured coffees and biscuits!

Just a little update :p

The RSPCA branch has contacted me and I just sent my email back to them answering all their questions! :p:p:p

Probably sent way too much information :oops: it is sooooooo exciting though! :lol:

Catherine, I copied you in so that you can see what's going on. X

Just a little update :p

The RSPCA branch has contacted me and I just sent my email back to them answering all their questions! :p:p:p

Probably sent way too much information :oops: it is sooooooo exciting though! :lol:

Catherine, I copied you in so that you can see what's going on. X

Thank-you.

I have an apology to make :lol:

I emailed the rescue pretty much as soon as you left on Friday evening, and thought I'd copied you in, but what I'd actually done is copy and paste your email address not in the CC line, but in the subject line :oops:. Thus followed a confused email from the rescue as I'd told them I'd copied you in but definitely hadn't :oops:

Sorry, you were probably wondering why on earth I hadn't emailed them already :roll:

Thank-you.

I have an apology to make :lol:

I emailed the rescue pretty much as soon as you left on Friday evening, and thought I'd copied you in, but what I'd actually done is copy and paste your email address not in the CC line, but in the subject line :oops:. Thus followed a confused email from the rescue as I'd told them I'd copied you in but definitely hadn't :oops:

Sorry, you were probably wondering why on earth I hadn't emailed them already :roll:

Oh don't worry, I wasn't thinking that at all. I mean I met her on Friday and got an email from the rescue on Monday... I wasn't expecting anything quicker.

I reeeaaaallllyyy hope everything works out :love:

Eep just had a lovely chat with the RSPCA and I think this is actually going to happen!

:p:love::p:love::p:love::p:love:

Back