• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Right, it's decided

Willowsmum

Mama Doe
Right I've decided willow needs a wife, he has to have company and I have to stop worrying might go wrong :shock:

People have said to take willow to the rescue and let him chose but I have some questions, ;)yep I know your all thinking its so I like me to ask questions ;);) lol

1) if I take him there and he choses and doe, she will be entire (their generally not spayed until they have a home lined up) so that leads me to question......

2) she will be spayed,but all this will take a while before she actually comes here so will he still like her by then? Will she be different to him from the initial meet?

I can't get her before the spay can I? Does the bond break when she goes off to be spayed?
Oh I'm worrying again, get a grip women!! ;)

Seems odd to me that they don't spay them until they're reading for homing as does can take awhile to recover from the spay. I thought it was standard practice in rescues to spay/neuter before they are put up for homing. And yes, I would be concerned that bonding them for a few days then sending her off to be spayed/recover from it would be counter productive.

When do they normally spay them, would they wait until he has 'picked' one or will it be later down the line after you have brought them home?

I also think it makes things a bit more complicated when the doe is unspayed, could you try and find one that has already been done?

Yes I think I'm going to have to find one that is already done aren't i? Also in all fairness I truly haven't got the money to pay for a spay at the moment :oops:

I was going to use a smaller rescue like where willow was from, but it's up to me get the spay done and it's adding to complications. I guess I need to find a rescue with neutered buns for him to choose :wave:

Most places get them "done" before making them ready for adoption.

Seems odd they wouldn't with recovery time and of course the risk factor of getting them done.

Most places get them "done" before making them ready for adoption.

Seems odd they wouldn't with recovery time and of course the risk factor of getting them done.

Really? Maybe it's because the one I use is so small she can't fund it all herself? I'm going to start looking tonight see if if an find a rescue place with a doe already done. I'd love to see my willow with a wife! :love:

Really? Maybe it's because the one I use is so small she can't fund it all herself? I'm going to start looking tonight see if if an find a rescue place with a doe already done. I'd love to see my willow with a wife! :love:

We got our boy and girlfriend and he has never been so happy! It's totally worth doing :D

Oh I so hope it works:thumb:

You hear of stories where bonds break down, but I guess it's more likely to work than not, isn't it?? :?

Well I think if the bonder is experienced they should be able to spot a solid bond.

Ours are almost a month in to their relationship and they get more loved up by the day!

Well I think if the bonder is experienced they should be able to spot a solid bond.

Ours are almost a month in to their relationship and they get more loved up by the day!

That's so good to hear! :love::thumb:

I've contacted cotton tails so fingers crossed! I've said I don't care what breed, colour or size etc as long as willow loves her and she loves him, I'll be over the moon! :D

Aww hope you find a lovely girl for him. Its lovely seeing a loved up bonded pair.

Unless there is a very special reason why any rabbit at Windwhistle Warren can't be neutered, they are all neutered and vaccinated.

Have a look on Rabbit re-home and search for Windwhistle Warren in Gloucestershire.(A48)

Best of luck..

Unless there is a very special reason why any rabbit at Windwhistle Warren can't be neutered, they are all neutered and vaccinated.

Have a look on Rabbit re-home and search for Windwhistle Warren in Gloucestershire.(A48)

Best of luck..

Ok thanks :thumb: do they help with bonding?

Back