• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's your daily bunny routine?

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
:wave:

I'm thinking of changing my routine around a bit now the early mornings are so dark (everything seems to take me twice as long in the dark and rain).

At the moment its:
Morning - breakfast (small handful of pellets between them scattered), fresh water, fresh hay, sweeping/wiping, litter tray change.
Evening - dinner (same as breakfast), fresh water, top up of hay
Bed time - supper (herbs/veggies), check round to make sure they have everything they need.

Was thinking of swapping the morning and evening routine around, I know it goes dark early at night too, but I have more time.

So, what's your routine? And do you change it in winter?

:D

Morning - Fresh hay, a couple of pellets and water change.

Afternoon - Full litter tray clean out and hay change and usually either forage/veg.
(Fresh hay also given late afternoon if they've eaten it all!)

Evening - More hay, the rest of their pellets and water change.

Over winter nothing changes apart from checking their bowls aren't frozen and they might have heat pads.

Morning: fresh hay all round, fresh water, sweep up any poos scattered about the shed. I normally let them out of the shed first thing but it depends on whether or not I'm going to be around to keep an eye.

Evening: rabbits back in the shed, more hay, top up water, handful of nuggets between them and sometimes a few bits of veg.

Morning: feed pellets, check water, top up hay (unless its clean out day)

Late Morning/Early Afternoon: if it's clean out day this is when it all happens, if it isn't I just check in on them and often give them fresh herbs

Evenings: check water and hay and feed more pellets.

Sweeping and grooming get done on an as needed basis :)

6 am - feed pellets, change water, clear up any mess (from litter box digging), give loads of hay.
Let them out of a brief run about.

7pm - little snack of pellets/fenugreek/dandelion sticks, change water, clear up any mess, give loads of hay - let them out for their free range time. Chase Sheldon out of bedrooms, get Sheldon out of kitchen cupboard, find Sheldon and pull out from under TV stand, avoid tripping over Sheldon.:love:

10.30pm - put back the last pair, bedtime 'chocolate', top up water, hay. Sweep lounge and collect poops.

Wednesday night - clean out litter boxes.

Saturday - big hutch cleans whilst they all have extra free range time.

Morning - Feed pellets, some herbs, top up hay and give fresh water
Evening - Few more pellets and more fresh hay
Before bed - Bowl of herbs, clean out litter tray, top up hay and check water

Just a quick question - am I feeding too many herbs for a dwarf lop? I'm never too sure. I give a him a bowl full twice a day.

Last edited:
Morning - Fibafirst, hay, clean up, check water, then at the moment Meg is having her nebuliser once a day so I usually do this in the morning.

Evening - Fibafirst, hay, clean up, check water, then in the summertime they get some fresh greens every other day or so depending on whats available, in the wintertime they get some dried greens.

Morning - All buns put in runs, fresh water and hay. They all go mad for fresh hay so I can check everyone is eating by whether they start munching.

After work - Sweep hutches, empty litter trays and re-fill, fresh water/hay. Sweep garage. Check everybun is ok, do any grooming etc.

Late eve - Every bun back in hutches, fresh veggies and pellets.

On weekends the hutches get disinfected and the runs a good sweep, they mainly go in their hay trays so the runs are rarely untidy.

Morning - Fresh Hay, Fresh Water, quick sweep, veg - tiny bit of brocoli and tiny bit of kale (tia gets a grape but shhhhhhh thats our secret!)
Lunchtime - if we pop home i put more hay in, fresh water, give them a run for 40 mins (at weekends, they tend to come out almost all day if im having a lazy day!)
6pm - shed clean out, every other day full litter tray clean (every day in summer) and they come in house (if its lovely weather we all sit in the garden - but they go in and out house as they please, fresh hay in the house, 1/2 a fenugreek crunchy each, play time, face time (involves the humans lying on the floor and the rabbits climbing on said human for pellets - im aware this makes us sound like freaks but its really helping tia's trust issues, and i can check her bum from there without stressing her out its my fave time of day), pellet balls with 5 pellets each (actually usually keep the balls shut just so they actually run round!),
8pm - they have 10g of pellets in their bowls when we eat dinner
8:45 - p&p time - rupert pulls the lid off and they have one each.
9pm - bunny bedtime - more fresh hay in shed, fresh water, and a night night 1/2 fenugreek crunchy :love:

And god help us if we break from these times!!!!!!!!!!!

Weekdays:
7am, Open up and let the boys out for half an hour in the garden if it's dry. Feed half a bowl of A&P pellets and provide fresh hay. Change water bottles. Sweep stray poops. Check the run and pipe to ensure it's safe. Make sure there is no secret tunnels!!:lol:
7.30am Call the boys in and give a small treat for coming home. I can't recall the name of those treats but they are green and round like a 5 pence piece. I have some petting and chatting time for a few minutes then say bye bye for the day.:(

5.30pm - Open up, let them out in the garden again if it's dry and light and i am able to watch them. :D
Evening - Feed some fresh greens, check hay, sweep poops and go in for cuddles and treats of bits of carrot or apple. I then do any grooming and health checks when required.

10pm, bed time. Say nu night and cover the two windows loosely with a blanket.

The litter tray gets done every other day usually.

Weekends - out in the garden as much as possible, cuddles, treats and generally as much bunny time as possible.:love:

If it's school holidays then i get an hour for lunch so i go home and let them out again for a bit.;)

Morning (around 9.00) feed rabbits with hay and a handful of veg/herbs/grass each
Afternoon (4.00ish) they have hay
Evening (7.00) hay and pellets

Clean out when newspaper looks wet. G.pigs get the same as rabbits with a handful of veg between the three of them and more grass than hay.

Dogs get fed after the rabbits in the morning and in the afternoon.
Hamster gets fed after the dogs in the morning (just before I have my brekky) and again in the evening when she comes out to play.

Mine is

AM : Sweep floor, remove poo and old hay, quick dry mop to soak up any stray wees, change litter tray which they are starting to use more now, clean water bowl and provide fresh water, give lots of fresh hay.

Mid - day : top up water again, sweep up mess and remove, provide more fresh hay, give them their veggies, spend some time hanging out with them health checking etc

PM - Sweep up and remove mess, change litter tray, brush out the run. Shut buns out of shed and scrub floor with brush, then mop shed floor with disinfectant and hot water - wait for floor to dry. Give lots more hay, give fresh water, feed them their pellet ration - close their sliding door while they eat so they are inside the shed. Pour hot water and milton on concrete and scrub with yard brush, rinse with just water - reopen sliding door so they have access to run all night.

I tend to do a lot of cleaning, and I am more up for the major clean in the evening. I find that by doing it daily it doesn't build up so takes me less time overall. Weekly the whole yard is jet washed every six weeks to keep it clean after the dog so I don't technically need to do the milton in the run daily, but I like to be as safe as possible with the birds and squirrels around so much.

7am Go round opening curtains, wishing buns a 'good morning', help with face washes and bed making and then everyone goes through to the lounge for breakfast and to watch the news.

8am Bunnies either go back to bed, go to exercise classes, go to games room, or all fight for space on the settee, and who's sitting next to who, fighting over the remote and what to watch, squabbling over the last biscuit, Pippa constantly obsesses over what to wear and changes her outfits 5 times in just the morning.

1300hrs Lunch is served, and 'Spokesbun' Dipsy discusses any issues that need resolving, and looks at what social events are coming up, and who other than Pippa, needs to go shopping for a new outfit?

1600hrs Afternoon tea, with an assortment of rich tea biscuits, custard creams and chocolate bourbons, and everybun looking at TV mag to see what they want to watch that evening.

1700-1800hrs Nap time for buns, except Pippa, who can't decide what to wear for dinner :roll:

1800hrs Dinner is served, and an argument ensues over whether Violet can have wine with her dinner or not. Dipsy makes the final decision of 'or not' and Violet throws her toys out of her pram, and then needs help recovering them all again :lol::lol: Paddington has far too much to drink and gets sick over Pippa's new dress :shock: Dipsy sends for security to stop her from killing Paddington, and Paddington is hastily removed to the bathroom to clean himself up. Pippa goes to get changed :roll:

1930hrs Everyone is settled in front of the tele with nibbles in front of them, and Pippa has forgiven Paddington, because she has now got control of the remote all night, except 30 seconds later Pippa is zzzz, totally exhausted from all her outfit changes during the day, and Dipsy takes control of the remote and decides on 'Buns in Black'.

2200hrs Hot chocolate, squirty cream, mini mallows, and chocolate sprinkles is served. Paddington has 2 and gets sick again, but quick thinking Buster being his best buddy, promptly grabs the cat and plonks it down on top to hide it :shock::shock:

2230hrs Go round their rooms, drawing curtains, running basins of water for face and paw washes, and turning beds down.

2300hrs Bunnies all settled in bed, Pippa can't decide which nightdress to wear, and Dipsy finds the 'Rabbit' channel on the tv :lol::lol:

And there you have the difference between indoor and outdoor buns :lol::lol:

Last edited:
My two buns live in my living room.

Morning (before work): fresh veg (generally herbs, greens, kale, sometimes carrot), hay top up, water top up, pick up stray poops.

Lunchtime (not every day, just if I pop home at lunch): hay top up.

Evening (any time between after work and bedtime): pellets (some scattered on the floor, some in the treat ball, some fed by hand), hay top up, water bowl change, pick up stray poops, grooming (if tolerated).

Every other evening: litter tray clean out.
Randomly but not more than daily: treats including fenugreek crunchies & dried forage.
Once a week: buns out into the hallway for hoovering to take place.

7am Go round opening curtains, wishing buns a 'good morning', help with face washes and bed making and then everyone goes through to the lounge for breakfast and to watch the news.

8am Bunnies either go back to bed, go to exercise classes, go to games room, or all fight for space on the settee, and who's sitting next to who, fighting over the remote and what to watch, squabbling over the last biscuit, Pippa constantly obsesses over what to wear and changes her outfits 5 times in just the morning.

1300hrs Lunch is served, and 'Spokesbun' Dipsy discusses any issues that need resolving, and looks at what social events are coming up, and who other than Pippa, needs to go shopping for a new outfit?

1600hrs Afternoon tea, with an assortment of rich tea biscuits, custard creams and chocolate bourbons, and everybun looking at TV mag to see what they want to watch that evening.

1700-1800hrs Nap time for buns, except Pippa, who can't decide what to wear for dinner :roll:

1800hrs Dinner is served, and an argument ensues over whether Violet can have wine with her dinner or not. Dipsy makes the final decision of 'or not' and Violet throws her toys out of her pram, and then needs help recovering them all again :lol::lol: Paddington has far too much to drink and gets sick over Pippa's new dress :shock: Dipsy sends for security to stop her from killing Paddington, and Paddington is hastily removed to the bathroom to clean himself up. Pippa goes to get changed :roll:

1930hrs Everyone is settled in front of the tele with nibbles in front of them, and Pippa has forgiven Paddington, because she has now got control of the remote all night, except 30 seconds later Pippa is zzzz, totally exhausted from all her outfit changes during the day, and Dipsy takes control of the remote and decides on 'Buns in Black'.

2200hrs Hot chocolate, squirty cream, mini mallows, and chocolate sprinkles is served. Paddington has 2 and gets sick again, but quick thinking Buster being his best buddy, promptly grabs the cat and plonks it down on top to hide it :shock::shock:

2230hrs Go round their rooms, drawing curtains, running basins of water for face and paw washes, and turning beds down.

2300hrs Bunnies all settled in bed, Pippa can't decide which nightdress to wear, and Dipsy finds the 'Rabbit' channel on the tv :lol::lol:

And there you have the difference between indoor and outdoor buns :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I can just imagine all this going on! :thumb:

Back