• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unwanted pregnant doe - can anyone help?

smudgiebun

Alpha Buck
My boss has just told me he has a friend who has a rabbit who they thought was a male, but turns out she Ia a doe. She's pregnant and he doesn't want them :-( that's all he knows.

I don't really know what to do to help! We don't have the knowledge to take in a pregnant doe and then look after babies, plus we are moving house soon so it would be a nightmare.

I know rescues are chock full at the mo but is there anywhere else that could help on this sort of situation?? We are in Manchester area.

I am worried what will happen to the doe and her babies if this guy doesn't get help :-(

Sorry for typos, I am on my phone!!

Last edited:
My boss has just told me he has a friend who has a rabbit who they thought was a male, but turns out she Ia a doe. She's pregnant and he doesn't want them :-( that's all he knows.

I don't really know what to do to help! We don't have the knowledge to take in a pregnant doe and then look after babies, plus we are moving house soon so it would be a nightmare.

I know rescues are chock full at the mo but is there anywhere else that could help on this sort of situation?? We are in Manchester area.

I am worried what will happen to the doe and her babies if this guy doesn't get help :-(

Sorry for typos, I am on my phone!!

SmudgieBuns SO here.

Just to say that we can possibly help with transportation around south Manchester area if someone is willing to adopt.

we both really want to help but with two rabbits of our own and and one of ours (smudge) just getting better after her sludge issues and a house move in less than a week it would be far too stressfully for us and the rabbits involved.

would really appreciate any advise or ideas!

Have you tried RSPCA macclesfield? I think that is nearish.

Also, there is an animal rescue in Lancaster, they might have availability. It's called Animal Care, if you google it the phone number will come up. I might be able to help with transport to Lancaster.

I also have no idea about how to take care of pregnant rabbits. :(

there is tameside rabbit rescue in manchester and also rspca manchester aswell as one in rochdale. might be worth asking them aswell. :wave:

Thanks, I think I will try asking around rescues and the RSPCA, even though I feel awful as I know rescues are so full already :(

Thanks, I think I will try asking around rescues and the RSPCA, even though I feel awful as I know rescues are so full already :(

keep bumping up this thread and hopefully there will be someone on here able to help. wish i could but i don't have the space or any knowledge unfortunately. :(

Thank you so much for the bump! I just want this bunny and its babies to have a good home. In a selfish way I wish I'd not heard about it, but now that I have I can't just let anything bad happen to her :(

I've spoken to a friend who used to keep rabbits, and they are going to ask around also to see if anyone can take them.

Thank you so much for the bump! I just want this bunny and its babies to have a good home. In a selfish way I wish I'd not heard about it, but now that I have I can't just let anything bad happen to her :(

I've spoken to a friend who used to keep rabbits, and they are going to ask around also to see if anyone can take them.

i hope you can find somewhere. i know what you mean - you hear something and it plays on your mind. :(

maybe change the title to ask for help?? :wave:

Hi,
Sorry I can't take the bun, but I can offer assistance with transport if it will help.
I live in Redcar on the north east coast so could offer transport between say the Leeds and Newcastle areas.
I do hope you can find a safe place for her.

Just a little update. I did have a couple of people who were willing to take the mother, HOWEVER my boss has just txt me to say the guy wants to keep the mother, so it will be the babies that need homes. I've explained they will have to stay with the mother until they're weaned... my boss will let me know when they are born. Would I be allowed to post about them on the "rabbits in need" section on these forums does anyone know?

Back