• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat deterrents safe for bunnies

im not sure i would use this with rabbits in the garden :?

i have 2 cats and use a small water pistol to discourage them from the rabbits i also have 2 visiting cats who have been squirted a few times :roll: and are getting the message that the buns are not their toys either.

:wave: hiya

We moved house last year and the house next door has three cats one of which is a particularly hunter cat which his owners were quick to tell us as they were worried about our bunnies. Also the house just around the corner has 5 cats so we are in a regular tiger territory lol

We purchased two of the rspb cat ultra sound deterrents and we have them at fence height so they don't seem to worry the bunnies. We also replaced a good majority of the fencing and sprayed it with a garlic spray deterrent which you can get from b and q - it's really strong smelling and available in spray and granules and I use both - you do have to re apply when it's been raining but it seems to work for the cats next door.

I think changing the environment definitely helps too which takes the cats out of their normal routine - we shoo them off when in the garden and although we still have to keep an eye out they are much less frequent visitors to our garden.

And of course I'm always on watch and both myself and hubby are always with the bunnies when they are outside to keep them safe:love::love::love:

Hope this helps

Back