• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Playhouse (pic heavy)

Tidgy

Warren Scout
I'm really pleased with the finished playhouse. Here are the pics as promised.

This is the hutch that Fudge, Peanut and Fluff have grown up in :shock:

0.JPG

The shell of the playhouse

A.JPG

The shelf gets fitted onto the brackets

3.JPG

The run is accessed through the tube

2.JPG

Our bunny top! :D

4.JPG

Fluff demonstrates the shelf

5.JPG

Food and water are up there.

6.JPG

Peanut and Fluff play downstairs, there is a fair bit of space under the shelf.

7.JPG

The finished playhouse. We know the run is not acceptable:oops: but we are extending it very soon.:thumb:

8.JPG

9.JPG

Great job! The set up looks fab. You should be very proud, and very lucky bunnies too!

The playhouse looks great, I bet the buns love their new space :love: What kind of tube is it that connects the playhouse to the run?

Thanks for your praise. The buns are happy now that they have settled a bit today :D

The playhouse looks great, I bet the buns love their new space :love: What kind of tube is it that connects the playhouse to the run?

It's 10 inch reinforced ducting. They love running through it, turning and even jump over each other in it! ;)

Just can't wait to extend the run now. They do get free range time though, but i'd like them to have access to a big run while i'm at work. One step at a time, the bank needs to recover! :lol:

I've got runaround pipe from my hutch to run, (I looked for alternatives such as underground drainage pipes, but you can only get it in huge lengths) I've not seen that reinforced ducting before, apart from on the air conditioning unit at work, but that wouldn't be strong enough to withstand bunnies teeth, is yours very thick and strong otherwise I'd be worried the bunnies could easily chew though it, they can chew through chicken wire mesh :shock:

It's thick rubber with a 3mm wire running through it. They tried nibbling without success :D but i will keep checking it. I'm not sure how long it will last in the English weather so it needs to be kept an eye on. It was given to me for free. I like the runaround system, but don't like the size of the pipes and the fact that they are black.

It's thick rubber with a 3mm wire running through it. They tried nibbling without success :D but i will keep checking it. I'm not sure how long it will last in the English weather so it needs to be kept an eye on. It was given to me for free. I like the runaround system, but don't like the size of the pipes and the fact that they are black.

Free things are the best :D I got given a piece of rubber matting aka conveyor belt 10mm thick for the buns new shed yesterday :D I'm doing away with hutch and run connected with runaround and going for shed and aviary run attached. Maybe if you are extending your run you could attach it to the playhouse and then you wouldn't need any pipe at all.

That is a lovely set up for your buns - who are gorgeous by the way!

It looks like a little holiday chalet :D

Maybe if you are extending your run you could attach it to the playhouse and then you wouldn't need any pipe at all.

We did consider this, but it would mean that the patch of grass would get pretty much destroyed over time and we are in rented accommodation so i didn't want to upset the landlord. Mind you.... when we moved in there was barely any grass on the lawn and i ended up reseeding some of it :shock:

That's a fantastic set up. Your bunnies must love their new space :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

We did consider this, but it would mean that the patch of grass would get pretty much destroyed over time and we are in rented accommodation so i didn't want to upset the landlord. Mind you.... when we moved in there was barely any grass on the lawn and i ended up reseeding some of it :shock:

My buns have destroyed most of my lawn where I've moved the runs around, they've just discovered the art of digging :shock::roll:

I love the colours you've used :love: what paint did you use? And the ramp looks great too :thumb: and I love the bunny topper too :love:

Thank you for your lovely comments.:D

Mine only seem to be digging in dirt at the moment. They have nicely cut the grass on one section of the lawn already, but i was hoping that by moving the run around that the lawn would survive. Now you make me wonder if it will work.:shock: I guess only time will tell.

The paint was Cuprinol Shades and the colours are called "Stone" and "Seagrass".

The inner mesh door is not complete yet. We are going to have a stable door opening so we have attached the bottom half already, but not done the top yet. Once done, both that and the complete, extended run will be painted to match.

I love the bunny topper too. We extended the original roof as the boards that came in the packet from B&Q were water damaged so we had to replace them. This meant that the original diamond shaped topper did not fit. I thought a bunny shaped one would look better and the guys at work cut it out of thick ply for me. Glad you like it too.:D

Looks great :)

I would be a bit wary of the tubing being made of rubber though, my rabbits all have a thing for rubber and will work at it none stop until destroyed. You could always paint a runaround though if something happened.

Back